Do you think this is wrong of a mother to do?

I'm walking to the mailbox today at my apts which is next to the pool. well i see a little boy about 4 walking to his apt behind him is his dad and then mom... well the mom and dad are standing outside of the pool gate closed yelling to someone "come on! were leaving get out of the pool!" I noticed theyre talking to their daughter who looked to be about 5 or 6. she was in the pool in the deep end.
the parents start walking away and theyre almost to their apt which is upstairs.... they yell to the little girl "i hope you can unlock the gate!" (to the pool)

wth? this girl could have ran and jumped in the pool or something.

Does anyone else think this was weird parenting or just me?
I also ALWAYS hear them (they live across the courtyard from me) cursing at their children

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wow not cool : ( I would call CPS on this. They may be asked to cut it out! and to take a parenting class.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That was absolutely irresponsible of them to leave the child locked in the pool area without supervision... borders on neglect if you ask me, cursing aside.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I WOULD'NT LET MY KIDS NEAR A POOL.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• OMG why would she leave her child locked in there. Don't she know anything could happen
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree with everyone else on this. I think they aren't doing things right. What happened if the little girl started to drown how were they supposed to protect her and safe her? Not to mention there are so many bad people(people who hurt kids) on there now a days. You have to be very careful. Things like this don't make any sense to me. children are so precious and a miracle.
    Gardiner.bug

Answer by Gardiner.bug at 1:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• ** i just want to add that i was "acting" like i was taking long getting my mail and they did walk back and stand in front of it telling her to open the gate... they eventually opened it for her and started walking to their apt while she was far behind them....

but i did make sure she got out of the pool befor ei went home
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• that was totlly wrong!!! some ppl shoud not have kids
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• WOW! That is all I can say
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That is dangerous near a pool and cursing at your child is always wrong. But I do this when my 3 yo dd doesn't want to follow (the leaving, not the cursing) and not in public areas. She refuses to budge and I say, "ok see you later" and walk away and she follows. But yeah, I'd never do that at a pool.
    RachaelMac

Answer by RachaelMac at 1:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• wrong and sad. I'd be watching them and maybe try to get close to the kids so they have someone loving in their life.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2010