I'm curious, what is YOUR definition of....

...what would be YOUR definition of being IN LOVE (not lust!) ?

After all the glitter & magic in the marriage settles, what would you define as "continuing to be in love"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I have to look at my own marriage to answer that... hubby and I have been married for 20 years and he still calls me every morning to make sure I got to work okay and to tell me that he loves me. We do little things to make each other's day easier and still love each other and are faithful to each other. So I would have to define long-term love as a conscious effort to care for one another every day.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• not only that but the want to care for each other every day. For me it is also the feeling of finding someone you truly love as a friend and lover and that even on the worst days that is who you want to be around it is that person who is the one you call on.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I knew I was in love with my husband when I realized that I really can see us being old together. For me, if I can't see us together in the future, it isn't really love.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am 25 and been with my DH for 11 years. We have only been married for 5 months though. It doesn't feel any different beause we have already been together for so long, lived together for a long time, and have a child together. However, to answer your question, I agree with neebug3766. My husband still calls me everyday - he is in the Navy. He will text me when I am sleeping and tell me something either sweet or funny or romantic.. so when I wake up that's the first thing I see. We always listen to each other's problems and even when we are having a small fight or argument - we still tell each other we love you and never say anything we will regret! However.. in my opinion on how a relationship works - give each other your own spaces. I let my husband play video games and he still lets me color in coloring books - without complaints. I know that is silly - but IMO it is what makes our relationship work!!! Good luck in yours!!
    USNavyWife0330

Answer by USNavyWife0330 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• being able to share everything and not embarrassed or ashamed of anything in the past present or future. Complete trust.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Trust, respect, and remembering the little things. :)
    imafuswb

Answer by imafuswb at 1:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• To know God is to know true love, for God is love. Being in true love means you have a sacrificial love for one another, and that every fiber of your being is intertwined as one. You finish one another's sentences, know one another's thoughts; you live, laugh and love with one another. If there are things that upset you about one another, you agree to disagree and never turn out the lights at night with even a hint of anger in your heart. You raise children together, enjoy life together, love the Lord together and have a true understanding of God's love ... together. Blessings to you.
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I wish I knew........
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• love means being able to mess up royally and there still there no matter what....its having someone tohold no matter what
    marisab

Answer by marisab at 10:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010