HOW DO I GET MT 14MONTHS OLD TO WALK

MOMSAVER

Asked by MOMSAVER at 1:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HA! When you find out, let me know...my 14 month old cruises, stands alone and walks while holding just my pointer finger but she won't walk all by herself.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You baby will walk when shes ready. My neice didnt walk untill she was almost two. One day she just got up and started walking. LOL Theres a family joke that she always could, but wanted to be carried around longer. LOL If youre really concerned you can talk to your doctor and he or shee will probably tell you the same thing. I wouldnt worry about it though. She will do it when shes ready. Just keep encouraging her and helping her or him. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my boys are 15 months today and not really walking they will walk around furnature... zander wil walk when i hold his hand but not ryan nope not at all.zander will walk at grandmas but not at our house maybe have to do with carpet vs. hardwood floors... but hopefully it is soon here too ;)
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I helped my son start by walking behind him, with both of his hands held slightly at his side. I would place his favorite toys in a "safe to fall" area,, about 6-10 feet ahead of him, or his daddy would sit down on the floor and reach for him. He had taken off with about 7 steps at 8 months, and then waited until the week of his 1st birthday. 2 weeks later, it's like everything in the house just moved up 3 feet, because he's walking everywhere. This week, we're buying a leash (he turned a year Sept. 18, is adopted, and was born premature, and meth addicted, and came out of it with flying colors!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 2:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my son was a very late walker i thought he would be walking by like a year but he didnt until he was about 15 months and even then he just walked from a tabel to a chair and then he would just up and go one day. DONT rush it u want them to wlak and its so cool but then you are running more then u ever did in your life. lol just take it slow. lots of walking toys and free running in the house.
    MommaTiana

Answer by MommaTiana at 3:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• As long as he can do everything else, just lots of encouragement and time to do it. he will be walking pretty soon
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008