Bad Dreams......I mean really BAD!

Ever since I had my baby I have had horrible dreams about losing her. They're almost every other night. I only remember two clearly. The first one was we were at a lake and me and my mom saw the baby drowning but we just stood there. It was like our feet were in concrete. I was screaming and screaming. I remember what her little face looks like still, to this day in the dream. I can't get it out of my head. The second one was a little more dramatic. I dreamed that she got stuck in the fan in my bedroom and she was flying around and around. Eventually she flew off and went right into the wall. I literally jumped from the bed and flew into the wall. I remember screaming at my boyfriend my daughter's name and telling him to hurry and turn on the light. I was freaking out until he got the light on and then I woke up when the light turned on.
Continue Below.............

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 1:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think it's hormones plus your body and mind adjusting to the baby not being inside you. it's normal,try not to let it bother you too much. keep reminding yourself that you are a great mom! trust me it will get better--i have 5 kids from 17yrs. to 10 months. if it bothers you alot,talk to your doctor about it.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My boyfriend said I FLEW out of the bed, like I was almost possessed. In the morning I looked at my knees and had both knees cut open from jumping on the floor from the bed and had a big bruise on my shoulder from hitting the wall. I don't know what to do. I HATE sleeping. Has anyone else gone through this? How did you overcome it? Please help this sleep deprived mom...
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I can't say I have dreams like that, but sometimes I get thoughts that are just as bad. Not thoughts of hurting my baby, but like visions of something horrible happening to him. I think thats worse because Im not asleep! I dont think they mean anything, just that we're scared of something happening to our babies!! Do you worry a lot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ya all the time! I hate it because I don't want to be like that especially when she starts to get older. When I take her to Mother's Day Out I always sit there and play with her before I leave and I always pick her up about 30 mins early. She doesn't even care that I leave her or else I know it would make it harder on her. But she's so easy going. I'm just terrified that I'm going to lose her. I had heard of having bad dreams when I was pregnant but now all I have is nightmares.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've had dreams that I don't want to mention because they make me want to cry...to give you one MILD (and I use the term MILD loosely) example...I dreamt that wild dogs broke in through my 14 month old's bedroom window and started eating her alive. I've dreamt that my husband got shot while deployed and he was begging for me to hold him while he died.

I had to go on a mild sedative in order to sleep at night b/c I had night terrors almost EVERY night for three months. My doctor said it was a mix of stress and hormones that made it happen.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• it could also be post partum depression. I would definitely talk to your doctor. It's very common and can usually be taken care in just a couple months.
    jenn_tonak

Answer by jenn_tonak at 1:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Just for laughs...

I had a really funny dream (it's funny now, but in my dream it wasn't). Anyway, I had dream that my 2 month old was a Polly Pocket and i lost her. I was looking for her everywhere (under the sofa, under the bed, outside in the grass.) Funny ha? I think it was because a few days before my 8 year old had lost one of her polly pockets and had the whole family trying to find it.

Needless to say, my new special name for Bella is "my lttle Polly Pocket".

It was one of those dreams where when you wake up you are so grateful it was just a dream.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• im so glad that im not the only one. its fear of losing our babies. ive had a couple, and then i wake up and go check on or little man. boy i cant wait for the hormones to subside
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2008