Do you have any tips for taking care of a vomiting 3 year old?

My son just woke up saying his stomach hurt, I thought he was just hungry so I made him some food and he took like 2 bites and has vomited 3 times since. I keep giving him water and I gave him some children's pepto. Is there anything else I should do? Everytime I take him to the ER when he gets like this they just say its a stomach bug, give him lots of fluids, thats it.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 2:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• When you give him water make sure he take tiny tiny sips and space them out. Is he running a fever? Sometimes a cold washcloth helps. Once he gets some rest he will probably feel better, but really there isn't a whole lot you can do. He does need fluids but if he take big drinks it will make him throw up again. I hope this was helpful.
    ceemeefeemee

Answer by ceemeefeemee at 3:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• the only thing i can say that i have learned is to give him 1 tsp of liquid every 15 minutes and if he keeps that down then you can increase it. Just make sure that the child keeps liquids in him so he doesn't dehydrate.
    magnane

Answer by magnane at 3:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• pedilite
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I just feel so bad that theres really nothing I can do for him. Last time he had this he got dehidrated even though I kept giving hime water and he had to get an I.V...I felt so bad for him I cried!
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• try sprite or gatorade..at the pharmacy theres baby perch very good
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010