What is the scariest thing that has ever happened with one of your children?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 3:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My first one died when he was almost 7, he was born with CP and had seizures, my next ones were born at 27 weeks the oldest twin died at 2 days old (we had to remove life support), my survivor was in and out of the hospital for 7 years with vision surgeries, pneumonia, dehydration, and shingles, my youngest one is diagnosed bipolar and was hit by a souped up 4 wheel drive when he was 7 and had head injuries and broken bones (hip and face) he also has seizures however he is finally getting the right meds, aaa - what next? I dare not ask cuz something will happen!!! i'm a bit neurotic about my kids in fact I check on them several times during the night and cuddle with each of them so I can sleep. (Yes, I've been to counseling)
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:09 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• OMG. One child fell and cut his head wide open and had to have 4 staples! I had one that got ahold of a whole bottle of Windex when he was 18 months old and drank some. Had one that fell off a bed and broke his collar bone at 7 months, and had one get ahold of dad's razor and cut her finger open. Everything was ok, thank God, but I can't stress watching kids like a hawk! they're always into something. And if its too quiet, you know they're into something. You just can't be too careful.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Not the scariest but the most real when my now 17 year old had cancer. He is good now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• uhhhh sweetloveofmine.. that is a lot of MAJOR "oops"

scariest thing for me is when my daughter fell into our desk and got a little cut on her gums .. it was nothing major but when it happened i got so scared she busted a tooth out or something (i broke my tooth when i was little so im paranoid)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• omg major oops thats y i only have 1 child and make sure everything is out of her reach...anyways when she was 3 months old she got a stomach virus frm day care and she was hospitalized i was scared cuz she was just a baby
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• when my daughter was about 2..myself, daughter and my mom went to walmart, we walk in the store, but there were no buggies, so my mom told me to go outside and get one, so i said ok, watch alexis!! (because it was pouring rain otuside) and off i went...well as i was outside, i had a smoke, walked to get a buggie, so i was gone for about 4-5 minutes, only to walk back in the store, seeing alexis standing there crying her assssssssss off!!!!!!!!!! and my mom was no where in sight....so i got alexis, calmed her down, and walked around trying to find my mom...we eventually found her, turns out she didnt hear me say to watch her..but yaa it was scary thinking of what COULD have happened...and then i got all mad thinkin, okk..so theres a lil kid, crying...where was the walmart greeter person??? why didnt anyone do anything?? ya knooow??? but whatever the case, i felt like shit for what happened..thank god everyone was ok :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• omg its funny she didnt lisent but poor baby im glad she didnt run to find u
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Omg mom2priceboys......im very sorry ur angels are lookin at u frm heaven god bless ur children..kisses!
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 6:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When ds was 13 months old, he had diarrhea for 5 days. I worried about dehydration and took him to the pediatrician. She said he wasn't dehydrated. Took him to the ER shortly after, because I knew he was. His sodium level was way too low and he was transferred by ambulance to the childrens hospital, where we stayed for 2 days.

When he was 2.5, I was babysitting and had to take him with me. Dh picked him up later, and took my car because his didn't have a car seat in it. I got a call later that he and ds had been in an accident on the freeway...dh flipped the car going 65MPH. It rolled 3 times. Not a scratch on ds and just one small cut on dh's elbow from crawling on broken glass to get ds out. That was the freakiest for me because I could not get ahold of the parents to come home (only time EVER that they didn't answer my call) so I could go get my guys and I had to see with my own eyes that ds was ok.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 10:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Being on the floor looking at the sky and my son had a triple A battery in his hand and he accidentally dropped it in his mouth and it got stuck in his throat!!!!!the feeling of anguish to get it out before he chocked was frighting.

Answer by older at 7:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2010