Do you have trouble making friends?

I don't mean friends on CM or Facebook, Yahooetc. I mean like REAL friends that you see and talk to on the phone? I do. I'm always nice to everyone. I had friends when I was a full-time working mom nut now that I'm SAHM I don't have anyone. It doesn't really have to be a mom friend, I connect well with women who are without kids. So what do I need to do? A husband is good for a lot of things, but at the end of the day is still not a girl! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I would suggest joining meetup.com. You can find groups of people with your interests, whether it's running, gaming, or just a mom's group where you meet up for playdates. I found this to be a great way to meet people when I moved to a new state.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am horrible at making friends, I am a very nice and caring person, but I think my assertiveness and overall personality is intimidating to some people, and they run away. The ones who stick around usually only end up taking advantage of my generosity. It really sucks to feel so alone.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No. It's pretty easy for me to make new friends. You talk, exchange a few jokes, concerns and you exchange numbers then add them up on fb. :)

I have a harder time to actually be there and have a deeper connection because I think I'm too lazy to invite people or to call at the very least. So the ones who I get to have deep connections with are the aggressive and very energetic ones. They are the ones who makes sure to invite and stay in touch.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have the same problem, its a good thing I live in an apartment complex or else I probably wouldn't have any. The friends I have now are thanx to my children cause I got to know their friend's moms and at the school. All I know is that you have to get out there and talk to people, go to parks and other places moms hang out, maybe you will meet some.
    ceemeefeemee

Answer by ceemeefeemee at 3:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a Horrible time making friends!! I always have. I am a pretty friendly and genuine person, but I am a bit shy as well. But even when I try to talk with other moms it just doesn't go well. I have to say I have one mom right now that I really enjoy spending time with. Our girls are very best friends and it seems like we have a lot in common (beliefs, fears, hopes for our kids, etc) I have always had an easier time connecting with either much older or much younger people than me. I really have no friends that I spend any amount of time with who i could trust with my deepest secrets. And I agree - while dh is awesome, he just doesn't get the whole girly thing :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I just realized that I gotta work on that aspect of following up on people and doing my part to follow through. To email when I say I would or call. I'm just so forgetful and at times distracted. Gotta work on that.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• This is me and I've been saying this for quite a while now I want and need female friends to hang with I am very nice to everyone they act like when I see them somewhere I am their long lost friend but in the end we go our seperate ways. I get tons of emails regular from people I just don't hang with anyone I've even said we should get togther but it never seems to happen and if we do it doesn't happen again until itinate it. So sad maybe we are better off without anyone so we aren't disappointed.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010