What bonding activities does your hubby n kids do? I've just had about enough! I told him that he should spend time with the kids...

I told hubby to spend time with his kids on his day off. He's always watching tv or playing computer games. I spoke with other dads that would go out of their way to bring their kids out weekly or trips. If things don't get better, I'm contemplating on moving on with my life. Easier said than done but I'll do it even if it takes a long time. I'll find a way. He seems hopeless and I'm not happy with our situation.

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is a SAHD, so him spending time with the kids isn't an issue. I'm in nursing school and I work, so the person who has trouble rustling up bonding time would roughly be me at this point. On Saturday, I spend all day with the kids because my husband needs to have his Dungeons&Dragons gaming time. We usually go to town, maybe to the park if it isn't too hot, I take them out to lunch and we do any errands that need doing like haircuts or buying new shoes and we come home and do some kind of an activity, usually cooking or a craft project of some sort (last Saturday we made our own incense) and I supervise their daily chores and we all pile up in the big bed and watch a movie in the evening. It'll become more natural for your husband as he gets used to it, BUT, he has to actually start doing it.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• wat a jerk seriously
    does he get mad if u just leave w the kids or he doesnt mind?
    u should make him notice ur upset my husband is not the real dad and he was away from deployment i love the way hes always hangin out w her ... u should really have a serious talk b4 u loose it
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honestly, one of the best things I do is let him spend some of that bonding time playing video games. He also goes to play with our two year old and enjoys taking her to the park.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• y dont u plan activities for all u guys to do for example an aquarium, pizza place and u just let them hang out
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No. I end up to be the one whose spending time with the kids. He is there merely to scold them. He's constantly correcting them or just ignoring them. he needs to spend time with them without me. I told him to go to the movies with them. I said he should accompany them. He said he will never watch those dumb movies. Tomorrow, he has to spend time with them. I'll really lose it this time. My patience had run thin. Summer is about to end and he had not done anything with them. When he's home he's just glued to the computer. He would rather talk to his so called friends who uses him when they need something and then forgets about him when they don't. It's so stupid!
    LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes that's the word for it! Jerk.

He doesn't care actually. I'm the only one who brings the kids out. He's the biological father and he's acting like a total loser in my opinion. I was conversing with our doc today and I realized how I've been too lenient with him. It's about time I put my foot down. It might end up with us fighting but at least I've said my piece. I already told him tonight that he should spend time with his kids. If he doesn't, he's in for an earfull. I'll get mad at him this time around. It's too much. Always playing video games, watching sitcoms... It's soooo stupid.
    LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 3:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That's a good way to spend time with kids.
    LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well, my hubs stayed home with the kids the first few years cuz simply I made more $$ and 1 of us needed to be home with our preemie. Now they are older tweens and he has been spending weekend with them as I have taken on a short assignment away from home so he had no choice. I think for the most part they have all liked it.
    I'm sorry you're dealing with a butt, I have had to deal with this too at times.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Our daughter is older now, 17 and in culinary school. Hubby is a restaurant cook, so their bonding time is in the kitchen. They share stories about servers and dishwashers who drive them crazy, and they cook the BEST meals. I totally luck out when they're in "bonding" mode. :)
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 6:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I tried to think of something but I guess ours were all junk, my son was just a baby so it wasn't fair. But my husband did stuff like puting him in a box and pushing him around the house making racecar noises, they laughed at each other at mealtime until I had to remind them to eat. SOrry I wasn't more helpful. :(
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 7:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010