My husband cheated on me 6 years ago....

we worked it out and I have forgiven him, but after all these years I still have this constant fear he's going to do it again. I don't show it, we haven't even brought it up in a couple of years. He's really a good husband and father now, but Ican't seem to get past this. Is this ever going to go away?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• It may, but most likely not. Forgiven but not forgotten. I think when something like that happens, and breaks your heart/world apart, there will always be those little slivers that couldnt be glued back together again.

Answer by tlsteinbeck at 11:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• The feeling that it might happen again will never go away. I had this problem 2 yrs ago I still think yeah he could be out with someone but i have faith in him. I know he knows it was a mistake and he knows how bad it hurt me. All I can do is have faith that he would never do it again.

• My husband is an alchoholic and verbally abusive. Sometimes I love him and he is charming. Sometimes I can forgive him however I have cheated on him and I can't forgive myself. If you truly have forgiven even six years later keep rebuilding the trust. If not move on.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• To God forgive him & that so-called woman...pray for your heart to be restored, Have faith that God won't allow him to do this again, and think to yourself...if he never does it many days, years of my life would have been wasted thinking about this mess. If he were to ever do it again...don't worry you'll find out as you did b4 and deal with it then. DO NOT LET THAT THOUGHT PERPETRATE YOUR MIND. DOn't give that power up. As soon as it enters Rebuke it...Even if you have to say aloud to yourself I am Not going to Think about that. start singing Jesus Loves me something Positive...just don't let that one thought turn into a train of thoughts. But trust the Lord will handle it. Give that thing to GOD.

Answer by GoldenWhite at 5:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• You haven't totally forgave him for cheating if you still think about. It's normal, being betrayed by someone you love isn't a easy thing to let go. There is always the why? what did I do wrong, Will he do it again. I know how you feel my husband wasn't faithful to me either. I forgave him and he did again. But 6 Years is a long time passed to still feel worried about it. Maybe you should bring it up to him. Let him know how you're feeling, maybe counseling, or let i go before it consumes you and your relationship. If you forgive him then do just that...Forgive him

Answer by divorced08 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008