What are some good baby sign language products?

I want to teach my baby sign language. What are some good books or other products that will be the best to use?

Asked by Tempest724 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started doing his and my 8 month old thinks I'm crazy!!! LOL I know there's books at walmart but here is a website that I found some basic ones that helped me out. It's free too! Those books are expensive and some are complicated and there aren't as many signs. Hope this helps!

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Baby Einstein has a cute video my niece loves it & shes 13 months started watching it at like 8 months and has done sign ever since.

This site is also very cute because it shows exactly how to do the signs,[ which you can teach to the baby] and are typical words a child needs to use. like milk drink cup etc...

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• haha thats so funny you put that site too kenzies mom!

• that is funny!!! That's the best one I had found!

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i know.. i used to have so many sites to use i took 2 1/2 years of sign i knew alot of sources but i cant remember :( ha

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• ASL Sign Language & Baby Signing Videos, DVD - Signing Time

Purchase baby signing videos and DVD's by Signing Time (As seen on PBS). Teaching American Sign Language (ASL) in a fun, easy to learn format. - 35k -

Answer by vbruno at 2:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Hooked on phonics has a good baby signing kit.

Answer by brannen at 9:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• We have a few of the "Signing Time" videos. My son hasn't started signing yet but we just started using them and he's only nine months. But I read that these are the videos they used to teach the baby on "Meet the Fockers" how to sign!

Answer by Sandie0819 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• As someone who's fluent in American Sign Language, Signing Time are the only DVDs I have found that I think are worth anything. Also, it has been my experience that children typically enjoy them more. Also, Signing Time isn't some big corporation, it was started by a family so that they could communicate with their non-verbal child.

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have a basic baby sign book from wal mart with things like mom dad diaper. My son is only 3 months but i started signing to him, i know he has no clue what im doing, probally thinks his mama's crazy but i really would like him to learn ASL.

Answer by Florence_Moss at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008