If your hubby had one too many email accounts...

why???!

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Define one too may email accounts. Does he have one secret email account? Or does he just have an extra account? If it's the latter, maybe that's his disposable email. My husband has 2 emails - a primary and a disposable that he uses for stuff that he thinks will generate spam. I have both of those, plus 2 email accounts for my work or professional life - plus another disposable email account that I might check 3-4 times a year whether it needs it or not. Unless he was trying to keep it secret, I'd say it's no big deal. If it was a secret, the secret is more damning than the email in my opinion.
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 5:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Between my dh and I we have several email accounts, and our kids also have multiple emails. Some of them are only for online registrations, whether it's for registering for sites like here or buying something online or whatever. There's only one or two things (things that are registered to paypal, banking stuff, etc) that have our "unlisted" email addresses that we give to family and friends (basically, that are given to real people as opposed to an anonymous internet site...) My ds has one that's used for friends that he knows in real life, and one that's used for gaming.

It cuts out a LOT of the spam email we get in the accounts we check regularly. Maybe he has an account for stuff like that...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Why do you feel the need to micromanage his email accounts?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree w sailorwife
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 5:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have 5 or 6 emails ... is that too many? When hubby was working, he had 2-3 emails ... was that too many??

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! Are we BOTH cheating?? 

Oh and why are some women on here so quick to think "OMG HE'S CHEATING!!!"? Are you (general) REALLY that insecure?

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What's too many emails accounts? I have 3, one yahoo email account that I have had forever, my main one that when I job search I use that one, and one I use for internet crap, games and freecycle. At one time I had 5 emails. A school email account and a work email account.

Hubby has really only had one but its not like he checks that one. :P
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i would start to wonder if he was talking to other women!
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 5:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm the one that has an extra e-mail account and yes, I talk to a few ex's there oh well
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I want to know what is considered "one too many" email accounts? I have my personal hotmail account that I have had for well over 10 years now, I have my work email which is, well WORK, I have a google email account because some of the other websites I am on REQUIRE a google account, but I never check it or use it other than to sign in on my blogger account or youtube. So I have several email accounts, but I'm certainly not cheating on my husband or talking with anyone I shouldn't be! There could be many reasons why he has several accounts, so ask him. Really, if a person were to cheat on their spouse, why do they need 10 different email accounts to do it?? Wouldn't just one extra account that you knew nothing about do it? So if you know about all these accounts, well just ask him why. I think I have a Yahoo account I have forgotten about as well, ha!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i have 4 email accounts, and one is for flirting with my male friends, cause he wouldn't understand having friends of the other sex
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 10:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010