My son not willing to go to the day care:( age 2years and 4months. its one n half month now...

today day care supervisor called me and wants me to have meeting. She's not willing to keep him for the full day wants me to keep there for a half day as he cries whole day and during their sleep hours my son cries loudly and doesn't let other kids sleep. I am very depressed today as i cant leave the job no otehr option to leave my kid with and the kid is not adjusting in the day care:( whole day he cries this is effecting his health doesn't sleep and eat well.

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 5:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is there another daycare that you can take him to?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It may be the day care not your child. Try another placement.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am sorry that you are in this situation. First children this age are learning to feel secure and to be away from you is hard. I don't agree with children being in daycare at this age, but understand if you do not have a choice. If you are a two income house though you may want to double check if you can make it on one income. Many people think they can't but if you factor in gas, food, daycare fees it can sometimes make more sense to stay home.

Second this place does not sound right for your son. I would maybe look into an in-home daycare or hiring a family member/nanny to come to your house while you are at work. He might thrive better in a smaller environment.

If full time daycare is your only option just make sure you surprise the place you want to send him too. See what goes on when they don't expect anyone coming. Some places are not that great, but there are a few gems out there too.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 5:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If I was you I would do everything in your power to find a way to stay home. Your son needs you and isn't coping being away from you right now..its too soon. For your son's sake you have to find a way. I don't necessarily think its the daycare's fault I think its that your son can't handle the separation. One of my friend's daughters who is the same age as my son (2 and a half) will constantly cry if she is away from her mother and will find ways to try and get home..even running off. There is nothing to console her apart from her mummy. Its heart breaking and she never eventually calms down.

Alternatively if you really can't do this then I would try and get family to help and maybe get your son used to someone in the family who can have him.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• but if i will leave the job and stay with him at home then how will i meet his expenses? Will not be able to get him proper food as you know due to recession many people have lost their jobs. My husband is also jobless and i have to continue the job other wise we will have zero income:(
    if it was possible that i could find some other option thn why i had gone through all this. How can a mother tolerate all this? But i am helpless cannot go for anyother option....
    Asifa

Comment by Asifa (original poster) at 6:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would try another child care. My son has autism. I was a single mother. His child care was always calling me to come get him as he was acting up. They finally kicked him out. I found another child care that was willing to take him. It was the best thing that ever happened to him. They NEVER saw the behaviors the other child care saw. Why? They treated him with love and respect. Not all child cares are the same.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yes i agree with thwese ladies, id try another day care
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If your husband is jobless can he take care of him? If not I would try another day care maybe a smaller one where he could get more one on one attention. Good luck.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If your husband is unemployed, why isn't he watching him while you are at work?

I understand if he's looking for employment and is going on interviews but he CAN watch him half time. And then send your son to the daycare for half days so your husband can turn in applications and interview and such.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 9:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes I was going to ask why isn't your husband watching him? Your son needs someone that he is familiar with and if you can't be there then your husband is the next best thing.

I hope this all works out but I would really try to get family help. Are your family supportive? I know that if to stop working that I woudl always have somewhere to stay whether it was a sister or my dad or MIL and they would be happy to do it. Do you have anyone who can help take care of your son?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2010