We have been talking about getting married...

I'm 18 he's 23
We've been together since I was 15, I'll be 19 in 2 months
We have a son who's 8 months

We have been talking about getting married, like planning more like it. I just feel to young to be married, then again I'm young to be a mom, but still....marriage makes me feel old
also...My mom is 34, yes she is a grandma and a young one, and she has never been married so that also makes me feel weird about getting married so young.

We were going to get married before but then the cost of me and my sons healthcare would have went up so we decided to wait, we are working on gettiing more affordable family health care now...

advice please...I feel stuck in the middle.

I love him and don't want to be with anyone else, I got the wild child out of me REALLY young, no need for details, so I'm ready but then again I feel awkward about it.

advice? tips? words of wisdom?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 6:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont think any of us can answer that for you put the finances a side you need to think about what u really want . What i would recommend is to take a least a whole day just to yourself to really think about what u feel at the end of the day u should go with that what u feel not what anyone else thinks i have been with my bf since i was 19 and that was 5 years ago he tells everyone all lthe time we are married but officially we are not u can be with some one and love them with all your heart and not be married. I think we both want to be married but we are not ready but we do have a child on the way he is 28 im 24 do i think your to young to marry no not at all but u sound unsure u should never do something your not sure of
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Get your finances in order then do it. Don't do it big maybe even elope but ya already got a kid so ya might as well marry his daddy at least you'll all have the same last name believe me kids do notice that!!! Just cuz your mom didn't marry doesn't mean you don't have to!! I know about the young grandma thing our oldest grandchild made us great grandparents this year at 45 and 47.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I do not encourage marriage. I did it back in the day because my parents said to do it but it just didn't feel right to me either and I was right. I divorced quickly. I will tell you what I tell my own daughters, if it doesn't feel right then don't do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just my personal opinion but if you have doubts you should not be getting married. Marriage is a big step and plenty of work. Communication and Trust are key and you must maintain EVERYTHING that you did to get and keep that man before you get married. Only you really know what you want and if you are ready to take that step.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 2:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010