Does this seem super egotistial or abusive? adult content

He's not responsible around house...he skips teaching our children.... although if he wants something done for "him", it's demanding to me and them. He skips over the need to have a reason for things other than "he can". Keeps the radio in the car on channels our kids hate and they get home wanting to puke. (((My daughter says this so I tell her just don't go))) like too loud stuff with explicit words. They can't stand him but he throws the $$ at them. Then I'm left with what to do all the time. I at times think they'd be better off without him entirely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just like a man selfish atitttude runs rampage in most.

Answer by older at 7:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds very selfish and egotistical. And bordering on mental abuse. Is this really the kind of relationship you want to stay in? Think about it and maybe you should make a change for the mental health of yourself and your children. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think it's a little of both. He is trying to assert himself as the "man of the house" but not in an appropriate manner. That's the egotistical part. The abusive part is that he is demanding and seems to ignore the children's needs and wishes. BUT DIVORCE IS NOT AN OPTION! GET COUNSELING FIRST!!!!! When you said your wedding vows you said "For richer, for poorer, for BETTER or for WORSE till DEATH DO YOU PART!"
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It's very self centered and egotisical. My friend's SO is like that. I agree that you should try to work it out first before you give up on a marriage or long term relationship but some people just don't change and you and your kids shouldn't be unhappy just to stay with him.

You know your gut, go with it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'd say that's mental abuse and if he has been like this since you've known him it's unlikely to stop. I can't understand how ppl can be so curl to their own kids but it's not unusual unfortunately. Hope you get the results you want out of your relationship, put the kids first he sounds like he doesn't deserve them anyway
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 1:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010