how soon can you get pregnant again after a pregnancy? i know its always possible... my son is 3 mos. old and we would like to start trying again very soon. when will my period be normal again so we ca try??

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 7:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• You can get pregnant as soon as you get your period back, or maybe even before. You should know though that you need to keep REALLY good care of yourself! Take prenatals and if you're really trying again so soon, should speak to your doctor about how to keep healthy. I've heard of people miscarrying when they get pregnant too close together due to lack of nurishment to the fetus. Just as an FYI they recommend not getting pregnant for 2-2.5 years between children. Good luck!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant when my son was 4 months old. As soon as your period is back you can really start trying. You may ovulate before you period comes. We weren't trying to get pregnant, it just happened. My boys are 13 months apart. They are now 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and are the best of friends and so much fun! Good luck!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant when my son was 7 months old

my mom had a c-section with my brother, and got pregnant with me when he was about 3 1/2 months old. LOL I was born on his 1st birthday.

Good luck! :D
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant BEFORE i ever even had my period....AND i was breastfeeding...I found out i was preggo w/ my second baby when my oldest was 2 months old.
    guam_mama

Answer by guam_mama at 7:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If your body is ovulating, you could get pregnant now. And breastfeeding isn't a good birth control, it just keeps your cycles at bay for some but doesn't stop ovulation all the time.
    My mother was BFing me and didn't realize that she had gotten pregnant again for a couple of months and had my brother on my 1st birthday.

Good luck. I say if you are ready and willing......have fun trying atleast!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Every woman is different. You could get pregnant right now or it could take 6 months. Once you have a baby, your body knows the rhythm so it is usually easier to get pregnant a second time. Once your doctor clears you to have sex, GO FOR IT! LOL!
    And GOOD LUCK!
    craftin4fun

Answer by craftin4fun at 7:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well it all depends on your body.. My aunt went in for her post baby check up and found out she was pregnant again! YIKES! lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When you are ready to try just go for it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i got pregnant with my son when my first son was 3 weeks old.
    however you should get the ok from your dr first, since even though you may be ABLE to get pregnant, your uterus may not be reasy. give your body time to heal. Good luck!
    pookah1203

Answer by pookah1203 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant with DD when DS was 6 months old. I know two people who had a baby, went in for their 6 week checkup, and BOTH found out that they were pregnant again. They both have 10 months between their two children.
    KelseyLynn

Answer by KelseyLynn at 4:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010