What is it with some of the women on here??

It seems to me that this place is filled to the brim with some seriously insecure women.

I mean, every day, multiple times, there is a question about "he came home late from work, is my man cheating?" or "omg! he SPOKE to another women!! is he cheating?"

Do you really think that every time a man talks to or looks at another woman, he is thinking of cheating???

How is it OKAY for you to drool and pant after someone like Johnny Depp or the hot bag boy at the grocery, but it's NOT okay for your hubby/SO to look or speak to another woman because in your insecurity, you think he is automatically going to cheat on you. WTF???

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 7:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I think if some of these women spent less time on here complaining about their husband, and more time WITH their husband, they wouldn't feel so insecure in their relationship.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think most of the moms on here are young moms in their 20's.... and more guys do cheat than the girls. So I believe that is why you see a lot of this kind of question on here. Human nature.... of course there are exceptions to everything...but guys want sex and girls want love so much of the time.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Why judge others instead of trying to just help? I doubt anyone enjoys being insecure and if they had it their way would pick being secure and confident any day. Fact is with media the way it is sending unattainable messages to females on how they should be...thin, always beautiful, smiling, and ready for sex it's not wonder women question themselves. It's the same message men get about how women should be. Our society lends to the problem and it seems to be getting worse. It is easy to judge others from your view point as a secure person. But until you have been in their shoes, you don't know how it feels.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh yes!!! insecurity runs rampage in this site big time!!!

Answer by older at 7:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Some women either really have none else to talk to,or they feel they should not talk to family and friends about that because they would then be putting them in the middle. Personally, I am not insecure. I know DH is not cheating, but there are things that we(both DH and I) do not feel are appropriate for us to be doing. "girl/guy watching" is one of them. He does not "drool" over other women, and I likewise, do not "drool" over other Men. We just do not feel that is respectful, or appropriate for our marriage. Nothing to do with insecurity. Some people just have different morals and values than you. Nothing wrong with that.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have noticed this as well. I used to be this type of person.. at the age of 17! Couldn't imagine myself getting freaked out over the tiniest thing now. My guess would be that a majority of these women are more than likely in a relationship where the cheating and lies have already occurred. This is exactly why a lot of people CANNOT make things work after being betrayed. You can forgive, but never forget. MOVE ON
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• They ask those questions on here because they don't know where else to turn. It is sad, though, how many women apparently can't trust their men.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't know. I couldn't imagine living like that. I mean, if that basic trust isn't there, then what's left? I ogle people (like you said, Johnny Depp) and he does too (Keira Knightly, so we have fun watching Pirate movies!). And we both notice people in real life, but it's just noticing. Even if you've been cheated on, how can you be married to someone you don't trust around other women?
    My mom is the same way. She's always talking about the latest woman my stepdad talked to and she is the one who has cheated a few times. I think it's because she feels guilty and wants him to have cheated too so their both "in the wrong".
    I don't get it though. I agree.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have read some of those posts and ... my money would be on cheating.

I think they are posting here because:
    - It is embarrassing to be cheated on.
    - No one wants to discuss this with friends or family unless they know for sure
    - Often the guy has suspicious behavior and tells the girl she is being "crazy, jealous or insecure"

Here's a tip...
    If your man seems like he is hiding where he has been, been caught in a lie or is strange about answering basic conversational questions.. .you should wonder if he is cheating.
    If he hangs out at his female friend's house drinking late into the night, you should wonder if he is cheating.
    If he acts weird, then is defensive saying you are just insecure, you should wonder if he is cheating.

That said, you don't need to give your man the Spanish Inquistion every time he comes home and you don't need to riffle threw his phone, drawers, computer ... privacy is important
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Because the insecurities that lead to these questions are perfectly normal and pretty common.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010