Is it wrong to just a get a job in between kids?

I'm going to start working again in a month or so, and DD will be going to daycare for about a year to a year and a half, then when I have my next one, I'll be taking at least a year off to breastfeed and whatnot.
Do you think this is unfair to DD to make her get used to daycare, and then take her out just as she's making friends? (she's 15 months right now).
I'm getting a job because we'd like to save to buy a house and we can't save a lot just on my DH's income.
Any thoughts?

I can't do home care and I'm not very crafty, so I planned to just get a normal job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's not unfair at all. You do what you need to do. Kids are great are making friends for the most part, and you can always join a moms group and meet new people. 'Don't feel guilty.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you need a job now to save for a house, take it. Worry about a year + from now when it comes. Who knows what that far in the future holds.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Kids are very resilient. They can bounce from things to things and not be too traumatized by it. Get the job, get your house and make a wonderful home for your family. In the long run it's the most important thing.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I kind of did the same but not on purpose. I went back to work when my boys were 9 months and 22 months. It was going to be for the most, 2 years, just to get us caught up on things. Well, surprise, we got pregnant! I quite work after 10 months. They boys did great, they had fun in daycare. I will admit though that ever since my youngest son has not slept through the night. He was still taking two naps and the daycare switched him to one. I think with that and just all the changes in general it did mess up his sleeping habits. Anyway, even me working that 10 months was good for our family financially wise and was a good decision. Good luck!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There are lots of options to make money from home, not everything is childcare, crafts, or selling makeup!

Stick with the free ones until you figure out exactly what you want to do. I have a list of legit companies (all free) at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010