How many outfits do your kids have? (Girls more specifically?)

My girls are 4 1/2 and 3 and (my 4 1/2 year old mostly) they have a ton of clothes! I'm talking closets full!

I'm miserable washing all these clothes and find that they hardly ever wear all of them because there are so many. I hate to get rid of clothes, but it is getting outrageous. My oldest daughter has so many because I had ought her some and then a lady gave her a butt load of her daughters old clothes.

Also, I have saved everything my oldest has outgrown (everything that isn't themed such as high school musical stuff that was given to my oldest) for my younger daughter to grow into. But there are boxes upon boxes there too! (My oldest has been growing rapidly and my youngesthas been growing slow - oldeast, size 6; youngest, size 2)

How man outfits do your kids have?

We are moving in a week and a half and I am going to try to pair down, but can't decide on a good number or weeks worth of clothes to keep?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids have a ton of clothes as well and they are boys. I save my older kid's clothes for my lil guy, and my mother in law in constantly buying them new clothes as well. They have 2 dressers and 2 small closets full. I need to get rid of some as well, I think 3 weeks worth of clothes should be enough.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She has about 1 weeks worth of clothing right now and about 1 weeks worth of winter clothing packed away for the summer - and I'm sure much of it will be outgrown by the time it would be needed again. I'll have to donate what we're not able to use!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I lost count...too many....two dressers full and a closet. Time to clean out and make room .
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Way too many to count!!!! And shoes, she like a woman a pair of shoes for every outfit!!!!
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 8:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My dd has a lot of clothes too and I always kept clothes for my youngest too but now when my dd outgrows them they go to my granddaughter. I'd say try and keep the best and get rid of the rest. I'd go for 20 outfits or so and then regualr everyday clothes too.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i am with pp.....my kids both boy and girl alike have way too many clothes to count. my son has hat to match every out fit. and my daughter has belts hair bows and head bands and jewelry to match every out fit. i need to do some major cleaning out. and back to school shopping is coming up....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My DD has about 20 outfits counting dresses and shirts and pants. But I put all her winter clothes away in a box, so there's about 20 there as well. I buy some clothes for DD, then grandma and one of her aunts send some when they catch sales.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Between the two cousins she inherits stuff from, it's tons. I now go through hand-me-downs when we get them and get rid of things I don't like before they ever get to her closet. I'm also happy when she has a growth spurt, cause it means I can weed out more stuff. Try looking for cool-weather stuff that barely fit her in the spring, and get rid of that. Then pull out the things she does wear all the time, leaving the less-worn stuff, and start asking her whether or not she likes items.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son has an OVERABUNDANCE of clothes! Grandparents buy him clothes and we get hand-me-downs. I nanny for a boy, so I get some clothes that he outgrows. My DH's cousin's wife gives me a plethera of HMDs. My son can still fit in a 3t, but pants are too short. 4Ts are too big in the waiste. I already have up to size 6. And my DH got some HMDs from a guy he used to work with. It's SOOOOO overwhelming, but its nice when he needs to be changed 3-4 times some days due to accidents or dirt, LOL. Then people tell me I shouldn't give it all away because once it's all gone, I'm sure to have another one! Plus I'm a bit of a hoarder, which doesn't help with our toys situation.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wayyyy toooo manyyyyy...but I do laundry every day pretty much because if I don't it gets so piled up..its awful!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010