i am annoyed. please help.

ik live in apartments. and we have new neighbors above us. they have prety much stuck to them selves and not really bothered any one ,it is a few guys. they seem nice enough always say hi and what not. but this morning i woke up to MY apartment reeking of pot. i dont drink or do drugs. and i dont want to be smelling that. can that get in my system? i am pregnant can it effect the baby? my son has severe asthma can it hurt him? any way. what they do is their business until it interferes with my family. well it just did. i mean it was/is still strong in my house. i thought about next time i see them out side to quietly and nicely ask them if they can do that out side of somewhere else. because not only am i prenang and have two young kids i am also going thru a custody battle for my current kids and i can not pop on a test. i would be pissed cuz i have been 1000000% sober for over 7 years that is a year longer than ive had kids.

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 8:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would call the apartment manager and have him handle it. If nothing comes of it make a call to your local police and have it taken care of. Simple as that.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would probably handle it just as you said, calling the apartment manager and whatnot would get them into trouble... but the second it happened after our talk, I'd be calling some high up people. But I would give them the chance to know they'll get into trouble first.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well, here's the thing...do you want it to stop or not. If you don't say anything it will continue. If the place you live is filled with peeps like this that you are afraid you might get jumped, then I think you might want to consider moving...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would just call the police and let them handle it. You could even be mistaken about which apartment it is coming from, so you can just call out of concern for yourself and your family.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I once lived in a duplex. The neighbors were in the basement(my furnace was down there) and smoked pot. When my heat kicked on, my apt filled with pot smoke. I called the landlord & the police. Unfortunately, they would not answer the door. The police told me to call every time it happened, but unless they answered the door, there was nothing they could do.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would probably call the police. If you approach them nicely about it and it doesn't stop and then you call the police, you'll be the first person they suspect told on them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would call the police and have them handle it. You're not causing problems for your neighbors, they're causing problems for themselves.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i dont want to cause any problems with these people. i do not like drugs. but we all still have to live in the same building. and if i go tell on them i am sure it will start crap. i think that is a wonderful suggestion. but i will have to use it as a last resort. people who do drugs can be unpredictable if i approach them in a cool laid back manner. they are more likely to comply. but if i tell on them i am more likely to get jumped or my kids harassed..
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• no the apartment i live in are nice a quiet and i have lived here gong on 3 years now and this is the FIRST time i have had a problem like this. or any problem really other than general maintenance to the apartment. they have only been here maybe a month or so...
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• no it is the one above me .....i know the ones beside me and they dont do that crap. they are like us a family with small kids. the ones caddy corner above us a grad students and are either never there or more quiet than an ant. but the ones above us just moved in and that was when the smell started.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2010