i am very confused!!! some with experience please reply

This is my first pregnancy. So I am dumb in a lot of things... I am 8 weeks now and I was reading on my profile on whattoexpect.com that the only way you can tell if you have a healthy pregnancy is if you get morning sickness. I have not yet gotten it. From time to time I get very sick feeling like im going to vomit but it passes.. Should I be worried I am not getting morning sickness yet?

firstbaby_2010

Asked by firstbaby_2010 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No,some women never actually throw up. Some like you,only get the nausea.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• that sick feeling IS morning sickness. and that site is wrong some people never feel sick og get sick at all. and some are bed ridden with it. the true only way to make sure you have a healthy prego is to have regular prenatal care. try to take thing you read about being preggers with a grain of salt. some are true and some are merely opinion or speculation.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was pregnant 4 times and threw up once, so no I don't think you should be at all worried.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my mother and two sisters (8 pregnancies) never had a day of morning sickness and every one was born healthy... hope it was ok to answer... not having experienced this myself... i just didnt want you to go around believing something was wrong just because you arent having morning sickness.... but ask your dr or nurses anyway............... maybe what you are experiencing is 'your' morning sickness... everyone is different....
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 8:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That is not true AT ALL! I hardly had any morning sickness with my son, and I had a completely healthy pregnancy. I'm also 26 weeks pregnant with my daughter, and my morning sickness didn't start until 12 weeks and only lasted until 14. Many women do NOT have morning sickness at all.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Every pregancy is different and not all women experience morning sickness. As long as you are taking your prenatals you're fine. However the nausea you have counts.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• morning sickness is in NO WAY an indication of a healthy pregnancy! That site ought to be shut down for misleading the inexperienced and for stressing preggo women!! ONLY your OB can tell if you are having a healthy pregnancy!! My first child I was sick all 9 months, the second I never was sick. Both kids were healthy and 8 1/2 lbs. BOTH pregnancy's were as different as can be. RELY on what your Dr tells you NOT some web site!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I never had morning sickness and I was pregnant with twins for my first pregnancy so I had  high hormone levels compared to a single pregnancy.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That's craziness. Ignore that. I have two girls and I only felt queasy ONE time, for ONE minute in ONE pregnancy. Every person is different and every pregnancy is different. Take everything in stride and try not to get too hyped up about what you read on any site or in any book. Those things are written based on the highest average. "Most" people get morning sickness, so they classify it as a regular pregnancy trait. Even if "most" is only 51%. Don't sweat it.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 9:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Like the others said, not true at all. I was like you and got nauseous with all 3 of my pregnancies but never threw up.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010