Do you jump up as soon as your baby makes a noise or are you the wait and see kind of mom?

My 1 week old is sleeping behind me and has been making random squeaks for the last 25 minutes or so. I'm waiting for him to wake up but he seems content so I'm trying to squeeze every last minute on the computer that I can before I feed and change him.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 8:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both. if its a harty cry like i know she needs to be fed or if shes dirt cause its been a while since i changed her than ill get up.
    but if shes just laying there in her swing or on her playmat or in her crib and is making noises that i know are not crying just whining or her working her mouth and lungs than ill wait n see.
    babys need to pratice there lungs and sometimes honsetly they just want to cry.. . .go figure
    my youngest is 1 month old.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well with my first and for the first 2 months I would jump as soon as I heard her make a noise haha. But eventually I got over it lol and would wait and see. Now that she's 20 months if I don't hear her, I know she is doing something bad lol so I jump all over again.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• wait and see

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• well at that age i was paying very close attention to mine bc of her horrible acid reflux and i was so scared bc once she actually choked and stopped breathing bc it scared her..now that shes 6mnths when she wakes and makes sounds etc i sorta wait and see normally shes just uncomfortable and goes back to sleep!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When he was tiny i was a jump mom but now that he is a toddler I'm a wait and see mom...like if he falls i try to not react until i see what his reaction is :)
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• With my first I was a nervous wreck, fortunately for myself and my baby I learned to relax and then became a wait and see momma.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• with my boys I was wait and see, my daughter we HAD to jump b/c of a trachea problem that would make her O2 levels drop and have to use the oxygen tank for if she started to cry
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wait and see... as long as possible.. but DH always jumped at a peep.. and would hand her right to me!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 9:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• With my oldest I jumped every time he made a noise...now I'm a wait and see kinda mom
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• With my first one I was a jump mom, I was with her sometimes before she made any noise. I somehow felt her waking up and I instantly went to see what she was doing. Now with my second one I can´t do it that way. I can´t always run when I hear him. And I made the experience that sometimes he will go back to sleep after making some noises. My elder daughter didn´t sleep well and with the experience I made now with the second baby I can say that I might have disturbed her sleep sometimes by always walking in her room at the very first noise.
    I think it´s your right as a young mom to squeeze out every minute you can and use it for yourself! But I would always try to not let the baby cry for a long time. Young babys really need the attention of their people. They need to build up confidence and trust in you first!
    jaliam

Answer by jaliam at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010