Is there a way to decorate a nursery without painting the walls?

We are renting and we aren't allowed to paint but I want to be able to decorate it, does anyone have any ideas?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 8:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hang pictures, paintings and posters. Put up removable decals and wall art. Use safe things thing accent the room, such as get everything that matches and use a theme. Like we are going with a monkey theme and we are getting a monkey lamp, a monkey face rug, a monkey bedding set and so on.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Find a fabric you like- better if you can find 2 or 3 coordinating fabrics. If you're crafty, you can sew baby's name into letters and hang them. If you're not, you can get cut large frame and a few small frames that coordinate. Put a piece of fabric in the large frame and hang it. Use the smaller frames to hang photos of baby in coordinating colors or cut pieces out of coordinating fabric and frame them.
    For instance- if you have a froggy theme- get fabric with frogs all over it and frame that in the large frame. maybe include a large first initial of your baby in a coordinating solid fabric. Then find a fabric with larger frogs- maybe a frog prince or something- and use those to fill the small frames.
    You can do the same concept with printed internet images.
    Or you can order those re-stickable wall dots and stickers. My daughters have those- Dora for the youngest and dots for my oldest- and they love them.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 9:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• One of my friends did an in the clouds theme and she made hot air balloons and hung them from the ceiling with little thumb tacks and she had clouds to stick on the wall (i think she got them from walmart) but they would go on and peel off easily. Good luck!!
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, there are tons of cute wall hangings out there. You can also put up the wallpaper wall borders, they go on easy and come off without a mess.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• They have wall stick-um thingys at Walmart..with characters on them. They can be removed.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Use a nursery print and cover one wall. Walmart has darling print and it wouldn't be too expensive. If you are real handy you could make curtains, dust ruffle, cover the lamp shade. One of the cutest nurseries i did was I used orange and yellow as the colors and painted the crib. Pick out a favorite color from the print and use that for jars for cotton balls, Q-tips, etc. You can also get Wallies and use those as the focus. Just have fun as it will be your "home" for awhile. Be sure you get a comfortable rocker and stool. Bless you as this is a very "SPECIAL" time in your life. Enjoy every minute!!!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I luv the stick on wall stickers, you can buy some really nice ones, and they're easily removable.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Also, curtains make a huge difference in a room. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I put material on my sons walls. The room was done in blue jean teddy bear but i didnt want to have to paint the walls only to redo them in a year or two so i went to a fabric store and got some fake blue jean material and some red materials and draped it from the walls like curtain. I didnt use nails or anything just those stretch and release hooks. On one wall i had the blue jean and pulled it back with red material so it looked like his whole wall was a window and in the space left open i hung a BJTB throw. I made the actualy curtains for the one window with the same design and then on the opposite wall i just alternated panels.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We didn't paint our son's nursery or this baby's nursery. With our son, we decorated his room in Winnie the Pooh, and found cute little wooden wall hangings to put on his wall.

With this little girl's nursery, we found lots of wall stickers to put on her wall. Multi-colored flowers. It looks really cute.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010