Almost 33 weeks !!!

Ok so I went to the docs yesterday and she checked me because I told her I have been having alot of pressure and cramps (contractions) already...Come to find out I am dialated to 1 already and she can feel the head I know I can be at a 1 for a long time but I'm hoping to go into labor the end of Aug.... ..Now she wants me to increase my fluid intake, res more and no sext..How can I rest when I have a very active 2 yr old and 4 yr old??? Tell me thoughts on this situtation???

lillhottie82

Asked by lillhottie82 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I'm 26 weeks, and have a very active 18 month old. I usually nap, or relax when he is napping. Sometimes, if I need a minute to myself, I will put him in his playpen and turn on Sesame Street, and relax in the recliner or something.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Enlist the help of family and friends. You didn't mention whether or not you are married, but if you are, your spouse needs to help out right now so that your child can be born closer to full term.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What about a "Mother's Helper" to help out till the baby is born. Make life a tad easier on you and help with the other children like keeping them busy, and doing some errands too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My kids do help me out,by picking up their mess and my husband helps out alot.Hes done way more then what I can ask from him..I have no friends no none of my family members will drive to where I live.My husbands family helps out when they can but its not all the time..I am sure when the baby gets here both my kids will help me out..
    lillhottie82

Comment by lillhottie82 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Good luck mama. Just rest by putting your feet up. Let the house go some, don't worry about it.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just keep your feet up as much as possible and don't get stressed. Drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated.. dehydration can start contractions, which you don't want right now. You should be fine.. Just take it easy and explain to your children that mommy needs to rest a little bit.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• sorry mama. i had my son at 33 weeks. i hope that you can make it to 37 or 38 weeks at least. you never know, you could go to 40 weeks or beyond! my sister's friend was *pretty sure* to have her baby early right around the time i had my baby, but she stayed pregnant for 7 more weeks and had her baby right around her due date! ;)

i have a 3 year old so i know it can be hard to rest. now is the time to let them watch tv if that makes things easier for you. i'm not a big fan of tv but sometimes... it can be good. don't worry about cleaning as much as usual. if you have family and friends ask for their help. gl!

btw my 33 week preemie is 10 weeks old now and perfectly healthy. :-) BUT he was in NICU for 26 days so i would have done anything i could to keep him in there. GL
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010