Have your babies always been early risers?

My children have always been early risers. 6:00 to be exact. It didn't matter how late they went to sleep their little time clocks always woke up at around that hour. They are like little energizer batteries so fully charged with energy all the time. Thank goodness for parks to let them play and release some of that stored up energy.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son who is now 12 was an early riser at the beginning. I use to work 2nd shift and was a single mother and would not get to bed till well after 12 a lot of the time. So I would put dark thick blankets on my son's windows and moved his bedtime later. It worked, he would sleep in till 9 at a very young age. He still got all the sleep he needed and his naps and I was able to not completely die of exhaustion. My twins were early risers too when they were babies. Now they wake up from 7:30 to an occasional 9 (they are 2 1/2). Now I have another one on the way so back to the ultra early hours again!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes! Up until this summer, she was up and going by 6 am! She can wake up in snap, just one minute she's sleepy, the next she's dancing and singing!
    Of course, she's starting kindergarten this year and we'll need to be up by 5:30 to have her fed and dressed and on the bus by 6:30, so she's sleeping later now. I have to almost pull her from the bed to get her up by 8am!
    I gotta say, I prefer her jumping on me and giving me the world's biggest hug in the morning to the alarm going off. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yes, mine too ! but then, so am I....and I said that if my children weren't morning people, I was going to shape them into morning people, lol ! We get up between 5 and 5:30.....I love it !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• None of my own children or my g'children have been early risers. We would have to wake our girls up on Christmas morning...All of them have always gone to bed no later than 9th and can sleep until 8 or 9 in the am....I have friends that would tell that their children would get up at 5:30 or 6:00 to watch cartoons..... I am an early riser I get up at 4:00 I love it, gives me time to relax before getting everyone for school and work!!!!
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 9:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yes my 4 month old son wakes up at 630 every day and starts talking and talking lol its cute. that makes my 2 year old son wake up to so yeah im awake by then. but its good though their bed time is at 9 so their sleepig by then and my 4 month old only wakes up once at night for a bottle and thats it. my 2 year old sleeps throught the night so i get my zzzz too i love my kids
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Not quite that early, but my children always wake up around 8:30. If they stay up late they might stretch that to 9:00, but usually it's still 8:30 that they wake.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes when he was younger it was always 630 on the dot. Then here recently it has been between 7:30 and 8 every morning no matter what time I put him to be. Whether it be 7 at night or 2 in the morning he will still be up between 730 and 8.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• DS is 7 and will put himself to bed at 7 and not wake til 7 the next morning. DD is my early riser. She would go to bed at midnight every night (if we let her) and wake up at 6 the next morning. She's gotten better, but only because we've really worked with her.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My children have never been early risers but they never went to bed very early either.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2010