what is the worst thing you MIL has ever done to you?

my mil doesnt really like me and i dont care but it gets me mad everytime we go she has to rub in my face that his grandkids could of been blonde with blue eyes. OMG do i want to just want to choke her when she says that specially infront of my kids. im hispanic and my hubby is hispanic but before me he had a gf who was blonde with blue eyes. ummm ok well she was cheating on my hubby all the time they where together she had some other guy. well to this day she still brings it up one time she invited us for dinner when i get there guess whos there yes she had the gutt to invite her when she knew we where going to be there argh.

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• My sister has a horrible MIL who hates all her daughters-in-law and talks about them behind their backs. I will give you the same advice I gave her... Try to not let rude remarks from your mother in law bother you. Simply show to her that you don't care about her rude remarks - ignore her when she insults you. If she says something really cruel and mean then call her out on it. Stand up for yourself. If that doesn't work, avoid her at all cost. Stand up to your husband too and tell him that you will not tolerate her behavior any longer. Let him know that you will not be spending time with her any more because she purposely hurts you. You don't need that in your life and your children and husband do not need the stress and tension of your strained relationship with her.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wow, seriously, if my MIL said that, I wouldn't take my kids anywhere near her. Sorry, but that's beyond anything I could deal with. My MIL once told me that I wasn't any help to my mom and was screaming at me because I was a terrible daughter (like she knew.. she didn't even know my mom) and then when I left, dragged me back into her house. But yeah.. she got away with it only because I was 16... and I didn't ever want to see her again at that point. We hung out at my house for a long time after that. She's still just as crazy, but we don't live anywhere near her :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 9:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• "Oh look how fat you're getting." I was six months pregnant and just starting to show.

"Well, it figures she would do that. Look how she was raised." Loud enough for my daddy to hear. It was at the reception when I smashed the cake in DH's face.

Vacuumed under me while I was doing Yoga. (Had to live with her for four months.)

I've been extremely ill with this pregnancy and had to ask for help. She came out. I wish now she hadn't. Before she left she said I wasn't thinking enough of dd through all of this. Yeah, that's why I spent to miserable weeks with your dumb @$$ in MY house.

I've got more, but it would take to long to write them all out.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There'd be no way I'd continue to go see my MIL if she pulled what your MIL has. No doubt I'd cut off communication all together. My kids wouldn't be subject to that nor would I.

My MIL and I didn't get along at first at all. So just her being herself was horrible enough. She's insecure, thinks she's entitled to my children because she's their grandmother, and continuously called me out on things I never said/did. She would twist a fight around to make her argument, even if what was said was proven to be wrong. She would continue on the argument that she felt held her up better. Her feeling entitled to my children was the line though.. NOBODY is entitled to my children I don't care who you think you are. Nobody deserves my children outside of my husband and I. She learned that quick. As well, that if you can't argue/discuss like an adult then you don't get the chance. We eventually worked things out and are more civil.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I get along fairly well with my mil although there are 2 things that she does that irritate me-- #1 she tries to poke her nose in our finances and tell my hubs we have to 'stop spending money' --ummm yeah, that is called paying bills and trying to live, we DON'T spend frivolously and go on shopping sprees! The other thing is her out dated views on child rearing and doing what she wants instead of what we tell her (like leaving the kids home alone at her house, not wanting to use car seats.....) Needless to say she and I have gotten into it quite a few times on child issues.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well the worst my SMIL did was when our oldest was a baby she got upset about what a christmas gift was to hubby's grandmother and caused so much hell we didnt let anyone in the family for 4-6mths see any of us. My MIL use to do a lot of things of promises to the kids-and make me or hubby break the promises she made to them-but she has gotten better with their age and hers, and SMIL doesnt take things so personal anymore.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 9:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She tried to kill me! :-D

I had just gotten engaged and we were going somewhere with his parents and his niece and nephew in their truck! We were packed in. I sat in the middle up front, and my MIL sat in the back between the two grandkids. She asked for the diaper bag and I passed it back to her. She grabbed it and started pulling, HARD, because it was stuck. Well, it was stuck around MY neck!! I was literally suffocating. I couldn't make ANY sounds. I finally started hitting my then fiancee who was driving. He looked at me and realized I was being strangled!!

I still give my MIL a hard time about that!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The one that sticks in my head the most was on mothers day last year at church. My husband was crying during the service ( it was pretty good service that day) and she turns to him and says "you know the way your living is wrong, if you want to be with her whatever but you need to get married, and if not I will help you get out." This was because we werent' married at that time we were planning our wedding for two months later already. wtf in the middle of church she says this standing right next to me.

I honestly don't know what i would have done there though. I would have just walked out and made my husband have a good talk with her. i am so sorry.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• when we were dating she tried to pay him to break up with me.

she, channeling her own mother, told him he needed to get DNA tests for our kids.

she emailed pics her husband took of me and a male friend, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE, from us getting breakfast at a burger king cause he needed a ride after dropping his truck off, to my husband while he was in iraq. i threatened to have them arrested for that.

now that we are seperated, she is reporting every single move she sees me make to him, the yotch just moved to my apartment complex.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think the worst was from my sil though. After my miscarriage she said so many mean things to me. "I didn't deserve the baby" "I don't know how to take care of the child I have I definitely don't need another one." That was the nice parts.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010