I'm so depressed and confused. I want to leave my husband but don't know how to tell him that I can't do this anymore. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Why aren't you happy?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i feel the same exact way
    i am sure mine is differnt situation, but i feel i have to leave
    in a group post earlier today i red something that helped me

this woman said that she was so tired of expecting new results from the same old situation-boy, is that an eye opening

sorry, i have no good answer, just wanted you to know that there is another owman out there, trying to find the right way to tell him she can not do this anymore
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• well why do you want to leave him? there has to be a reason. talk it out, and if you cant then go from there good luck
    mommylee21

Answer by mommylee21 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree with mommylee - talk to him and tell him why you are depressed and confused... don't accuse him of things, just say something like "I feel hurt when you ignore me." or whatever he does that bothers you.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think that u already answered ur own question. u said that u were depressed, which means ur not even thinking clearly right now. if i were u which i have done this before. i would get out a piece of paper and pen and write down ten reasons why u want to leave ur husband. obviously if u cant find a way to tell him, then u dont want to hurt him, which means u still love him some kind of way. i have been depressed and for some reasons when ur depressed u attack or blame the people who love u the most. so kinda rethink the situation. instead of trying to leave him,sit down and talk about why ur depressed, whats making u sad, or mad. and if he bends over backwards trying to fix the problem whether its him or not, then i think u have ur answer right in front of u.
    Tanisha709

Answer by Tanisha709 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Tell him it's not working and you need a break. That way he can fix it or you can take the break and move on if you want

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• He won't even talk to me. He usually leaves the room when I try. We've been fighting for about 9 years now. I started counseling to see my options. Yes, I do still care about him, he's the father of my children. I just can't take all the put downs. He constantly tells me I'm lazy and can't do anything right. Everything is my fault.
    chillywilma

Answer by chillywilma at 10:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have been in this situation before. If you are unhappy and he is happy. You must evaluate you. Make a list of the things you personally used to do that made you feel happy; things he used to do that made you feel happy, and the things he does that causes your unhappiness. If you find that the things you used to do, caused him to react happy and provided a source for your happiness, change it. Do what ever it takes. It was very hard for me to learn that lesson. Just maybe a change in your environment, atmosphere, and approach to your marriage will prompt a change in him. I started taking my husband out on dates and getting to know him. I read books on how to understand the mind of a man, love languages, and prayed. While your doing this prepare your back up plan (6m living expenses). If you still want to leave after this, then sit him down and work out the details. God Bless you and your family. My prayers are with u.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 10:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010