Heat rash.....

My DD is a hot child and she sweats when she sleeps so I am thinking she just has a heat rash but I wanted to get some other opinions. It is on her chest around her left nipple area. She says it is itchy. We havent changed out laundry detergent or her diet, she hasnt worn any new unwashed clothes. She didnt have it yesterday and I only noticed it when I changed her this morning. It is small red and raised. It does not seem to be spreading so that is what made me think he was just a heat rash.

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Take her to the doctor to be sure - there are so many different rashes, it could be anything.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree with neebug... However my daughter is 7months, and if she just barely gets hot she'll start getting a heat rash... No matter what I do she still sweats at night, and usually wakes up with a small heat rash on her back, where the top of her diaper sits. Her dr told me not to worry too much, as long as she isn't getting too hot.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Being on the chest, I would at least call the Doctor.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2010