why the "no perfume" rule for "business professional" dress?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Because some people can be allergic to certain scents. Also, there are some people who don't know how much to put on and over do it, so some companies just "ban" it all together.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Allergic co-workers or perfumes that are offensive to others.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Some people have terrible reactions to any kinds of perfume. I get really sick when real flowers are all over the place! I had a piano teacher when I was little that we couldn't even wear deodorant when we went to her house!

I get migraines when I sit next to people with perfume too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• the number one main reason fo the "no perfume" rule is that u dont want to distract people around you while ur at work or during an interview. especially not during an interview. u want the person who is interviewing u to remember ur qualities not "oh my god, how much perfume did she put on?"
    Tanisha709

Answer by Tanisha709 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Because some people are very sensitive or allergic to certain smells. My dad has asthma and certain scents can trigger his asthma and bring on an attack. I am sensitive and when I smell certain scents or heavy perfumes I have a hard time breathing and sometimes it can bring on a migraine (depending on the scent).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Some people over do it. Plus, depending on the job you really don't know who is going to come and talk to you and stuff. Someone might be allergic or asthmatic.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• too true....m,y DD is asthmatic I couldn't wear perfume for the longest...
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You never know if someone is allergic to the perfume that you are wearing, and the last thing you want is to mess up a business deal because of your perfume.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. It's definately because someone could be allergic and you don't want to blow getting the job or the client because they couldn't be around you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had never heard that b4 but I can see why ppl do over do it
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010