anyone ever get arrythmia during pregnancy??

if you have please explain what made you tell the doc about it..
ive been getting these symptoms, but only sometimes during the day.. not constantly, but when i DO get them, it lasts for about 45 min- 2 hours.... and happens randomly throughout the day

here are the symptoms:
heart has hard thumping
can feel pulsating throughout my body
short of breathe
dizzy/light headed
fluttering in my chest
feels like my chest is caving in

anyone thats had it does it sound like that? im going to bring it up to my doctor on mon [next appt] but would like input :) thanks

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Arrythmias can occur during pregnacy. There is a large increase in the amount of circulating blood volume and it can trigger unseen problems. You definitely need to mention to your doctor. Also, from you photo I guess you smoke? Nicotine is a stimulant, if there is an underlying cardiac problem it can be aggravated by nicotine. I guess you don't need anyone telling you it is a bad habit especially when you are pregnant, but I'm a former labor and delivery nurse and I can never resist the opportunity.

Please be careful and don't be afraid to call 911 if your symptoms become severe or don't let up.
    RNMOMO4

Answer by RNMOMO4 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thanks RMOM :) also thanks for not sitting there LITERALLY bashing me with smoking. But i just want to let you know its an old picture, i just happen to like the way i look in it lol, the cigarette didnt even cross my mind... but i stopped smoking the day i fuond out i was pregnant and dont plan on smoking again after my daughters born. :) I appreciate you being nice about it though you never really find people like that these days.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2008