What is your 15 yr olds curfew?

My daughter has recently been going to a friend's house at night. She usually gets home for 9p. I was just wondering what time is your teens curfew

mandynjohnsmom

Asked by mandynjohnsmom at 10:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, I think I'm young enough to say what mine was at 15. I was to be home by 10pm. Now that being said, 10pm is enough time to get doped up, get knocked up, and get wasted. So, my DD will have a 8pm curfew until she's out of the house :P
    (btw, i didn't get doped up, knocked up, or wasted, but I did have sex while out til 10pm.. )

I think it's reasonable to ask a kid to be home at 8pm on normal days, it gives them time to prepare for bed and then go to bed. Teens are growing and need more sleep anway. Occassionally I'll prolly let her stay out later (if the movie time ends up later) but no later than 12 ever.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When my dd was 15 yo she was home around 10 pm during the summer and on weekends. Home most school nights unless it was a school function. I have to know where she is and with whom. All that stuff still and she is 17!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I did not have one as I was not allowed out unless my parents dropped me off at a friends house and spoke with their parents. They would either come pick me up at an agreed upon time or usually I spent the night. I went to a HS where 9 different towns were and my closest friend was 10 miles away. No walking to friends houses for me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my son is only 14 and he doesn't have a curfew only cause he don't EVER go any where... he just stays at home.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my curfew was 11 until I turned 18
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• mine was 10:30 until i turned 18! now my brother who is 17 comes home whenever he feels like it and mom and dad do nothing about it! hmm might be how he got a few girls prego?? and how he started smoking pot?? its ur call but i think 9pm is fine! and as she gets older and is more responsible u can change it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My children don't have a set curfew.  I want to know where they're going, what they're doing, who they're with, how they're getting there and how they're getting home again.  Then I give them an appropriate curfew.  It allows for flexibility that way.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When my dd was 15 yo she was home around 10 pm during the summer and on weekends. Home by supper which is 6 school nights unless it was a school function or study group . I have to know where they are going and with whom how they are going to get there and back and if there will be another parent or adult there.
    gypsysparrow

Answer by gypsysparrow at 1:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My 15 yr olds curfew is 10:30, however if he keeps in touch with me every hour like he is suppose to then if asked I will extend it anywhere from 1/2 hour to an 1 hour more. It really depends on where he is and who he is with, and the trust that he is doing the right thing. So far we haven't had issues. I expect him to have super at home with the family before he goes out and his friends are always welcome as well.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my son doesnt have one as he doesnt usually go anywhere but over to our friends house to play games...lol then he usually stays the nite.
    Dezignz_by_CM

Answer by Dezignz_by_CM at 12:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010