Pagans and Witches: Power of Anger?

I'm usually very skeptical about attributing things to supernatual reasons but this one has me stumpted. Me and dh got into a very heated arguement in the early morning hours. I was extreamly pissed off. Dh goes to make coffee after I stalked out of the room and the coffee pot refused to brew. I've gone through enought pots to know that they often give signs of burning out. This pot worked perfectly until it broke. It was only eight months old. So, how likely is anger to take out a coffee pot?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 10:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Emotions play a big roll in directing energies in the Craft...
    If you were that mad, maybe in your anger you felt that your dh was dissing you
    to make coffee and without thought your anger was directed to the item of his focus......LOL...
    Yes your energies/emotions can cause some unusual things to happen...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• This happens to me A LOT! Especially when I am really mad. If I am near lightbulbs, they blow out and any electrical equipment, TV, Stereo, appliance, the electronics in cars, telephones etc. go wacky or blow out altogether. My DH tells me to stay away from his stereo equipment & computer jokingly but it's true. I don't even have to touch something, just be near it when I am mad. Wierd but true. I wish I knew why.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well, as an investigator of "Paranormal" and Magickal experiences I would first have to look at the chances that things happen by chance or through normal occurrence FIRST... In this case, I really would see no huge reason to believe that YOUR energy burnt out your pot...

That said, COULD it have been the reason? Sure. But it is more likely to be from over use, product malfunction, or even something as simple as electrical surge. CAN your energy cause this type of thing? Yes. I've seen light bulbs blow or TVs go snowy because of a buildup of energy...

When we get angry, we build up a great amount of negative energy, if we don't find an outlet or ground that energy it will release in to the world around us - including our coffee pot or lights... And can cause an overload. However, it would take a HUGE build up... By the time we are adults most of us have learned how to find an outlet, but occasionally, yes, it CAN happen.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am not Pagan but I have a tendency to burn out light bulbs. I had just changed the bulb in the lamp the night before and we hadn't used it since. I sat down near the lamp to read, it flickered a lot and then burned out. I got up and moved to the other end of the sofa and turned on the other lamp which flickered excessive but did not burn out. I gave up reading for the evening and turned the lamp off. Replaced the bulb in the other lamp, which wasn't loose or anything. It worked fine the next day.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Anger is never a good thing and is a state of no control, helplessness. Nothing can come out of anger. Anything you do spiritually should be done with good intentions and for good reasons.

"But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips." - Colossians 3:8
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I believe it can. If you are pissed enough, I know I've been pissed and my brand new car took a shit. So I believe in stuff like that happening.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm very guilty of burning out lights, bringing on storms, and other nasty burned out stuff when angry. Thankfully I lead a mostly peaceful life. Its not often I get really pissed. But when I do, things do tend to happen. Lights flicker or go out. If I'm outside storm clouds tend to form. Like I said, I don't normally get angry, but when I do its VERY explosive.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• not very likely. generally speaking it takes specific focus more likely it just was one of those things
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• meant to say "excessively"
    NikkiMomof2grls