Cant shake the sorrow...sensitive story about a heart patient baby adult content

I need some words of encouragement ladies. My boss, who is like family has an 18 yr old son. In March he and his gf had a baby. Baby was born with a hole in his heart. Day before yesterday he was rushed to hospital blue and foaming at the mouth. I went to visit him yesterday. My heart is broken! This poor tiny baby. I have 5 of my own, and I guess I am just not cut out for this kind of thing. I did not sleep at all last night worrying about this poor little baby and how he struggles to breath. I did hear this morning they have decided to keep him admited until they can put weight on him enough to under go the heart repair. So that made me feel better, but every minute of every day for the past 4 months this poor baby has labored to breathe. I wish there was something, anything I could do...other than cry! How do I deal with this? How do I help, and stop crying? I can't sleep!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My heart goes out to the baby and the family too, I am so sorry your heart is so heavy and you feel absolutely powerless to do anything but cry. I often wonder why things like this happen, but I have faith in God and that everything happens for a reason although I can't even begin to imagine what that would be. Stay strong for your friend and comfort her anyway you know how, hugs to you!

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010