He done this because he is a human being or because he is sorry?

Today i went to work, and my boss told me he need to talk with me( i knew that he was going to fired me because i have been missed work, because of all the problems in my life). So when he told me that he is going to fired me because he need people that want to work, and not play!
i Told him Sr. i have so much problems in my life and i know i should get another chance but please give me another chance, i'm barely can support my DD and now that i'm pregnant again i don't know what i'm going to do without a job( i was crying).
I told him my family don't support me at all, and the only way i get some support is working here, please don't fired me, i love this job.
And than he told me i don't need to cry because i'm very brave to tell him all of that, and that it is really complicate. but because of my situation he will let me work until i find other job.
So i'm wondering why he let me keep the job?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 10:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like he was being compassionate.

start looking for a new job ASAP though, since he's already tried to fire you, if you even miss 1 more day, I think your job will be gone for good.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• He felt bad for your situation. If I were you, I'd work my butt off for him, and get another job as soon as possible. It was very kind of him to let you continue on.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• he felt sorry for you. You don't technically still have your job. he's giving you a break until you find something else.Odds are you won't be given much time to do it either. Good luck on the job hunt.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• He probably felt bad for you.. I would just say try your very best to be a good worker! Good luck Friend!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think it is a combination of both , it is nice to know that there are still compassionate bosses around, good luck!

Answer by older at 10:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I've had to fire people it is part of my job and the part I hate the very most. I've had people cry and it is terrible. I feel horrid doing it. It sounds to me like he let his compassion allow you time. Just take it but find another job soon. Try not to miss work in the meantime.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Girl, you need to work on how you speak. You don't sound very smart. I think he had mercy on you, but you need to find a new job and fast. Plus get a better grasp on the English language, because the way you write makes you look ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm surprised at that - it sounds like he let his emotions interfere with a business decision. I don't believe he's sorry for letting you go, but he's human and compassionate and trying to help you. I'm glad you'll be able to keep your job a little longer, I hope you don't miss work again!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• ANONYMOUS
    ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRS LANGUAGE, AND IF I DON'T WRITE GOOD ENOUGH WHY YOU RESPOND MY QUESTION ANYWAY?
    IF I'M IGNORANT WHY YOU WANT TO TALK WITH AN IGNORANT LIKE ME?
    STOP BEING IGNORANT, AND BESIDES I DON'T LIVE IN USA ANYWAY, I LIVE IN PORTUGAL!
    i think you are SO IGNORANT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE PORTUGAL IS.
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I also think he just feels bad for your situation. He is helping you out by giving you a little more time to find a new job. So start looking for a new job quick. As the others have said, if you miss one more day of work he is going to have to fire you, not because he doesn't like you but because he is running a business and he needs his people there. So start looking for another job, and Good Luck.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010