Did you get a loan modification? Is it final? Did it help?

We have been in the process of a mortgage loan modification for almost a year. I made the first 3 payments then 2 more then my mortgage ws sold and now i don't know what is happening because not all the "paperwork" made it to the new servicer. I have faxed them all I have and it is sitting in a pilke onn a desk somewhere. So to make matters worse I lost one of my jobs so my income was reduced by about $400. Since my modification isn't final I am hoping that they can reduce it eve further. Any ideas? hints? stories to share positive or negative. I was with Wilshire now with BofA. Were you also someone that had their mortgage sold from Wilshire???

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 10:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh, forgot to add that I have made all payments on time and per the mod amount to BofA but they show me as paying less than the amount they were sold and are chalking up additional fees and reporting me negative to the credit bureaus.
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was under the impression that when you take a Loan Modification your credit score take quite a hit anyways. You need to contact the new servicer of the mortgage and really stay on top of this. Hound them until you get it straightened out.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I actually have BOA and I'm going through a mod. I was also sold to them by a diff bank. They seem to be willing to help. My SL just got a mod from them. Good luck!
    rosadnr

Answer by rosadnr at 12:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010