Applying for a job- Should I bring my credentials with me?

I called about a job posting that I had seen. They asked me about my experience and if I have a degree, training certificates, Cpr/first aid, etc. I have all of these things so they asked me to come fill out an application at 1 this afternoon. Should I bring all of my proof that I have these things or should I just list them on the application?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes, I would bring photo copies of them all that you can attach to your application.

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Bring it all. They will be impressed with your preparedness. And if they hire you on the spot, you won't have to take it in later.

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would definitely attach your cover letter and resume to the application.

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Bring Every thing! Good luck, momma!

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would go ahead and bring them, or copies of them if they will take those. Worst case, you don't need them, but at least you'll have them and look prepared in case they ask.
    And like darkfaery said, you should put copies on the app.

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes you might as well, but you probably won't need it untill the interview,, Good luck!

Answer by kimigogo at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would take everything.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Bring them it can't hurt, good luck!

Answer by older at 11:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would bring a copy of your resume and cover letter only. On your cover letter state you have (fill in the blank). Bring the evidence with you if you get an interview. Chances are since they asked you all those questions on the phone, their job app will also ask the same questions.

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would bring it. It shows that you are serious, prepared, and organized. Also if you don't have it in a portfolio already I would create one so that you won't have to do it every time you have an interview; you just continue to build it up.

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010