Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting your child help when father does not want to adult content

we have appt with autism doc today
got report in mail yesterday, report-she is moderate autism
her fahter does not want a label on her
but in order to get her therapies, she has to have this label

can just me, the mom, go get her on SS disability, and then she gets on 9 month waiting list for extended help-therapy

can i do this behide his back, i was planning on leaving him anyway (he is a selfish ass loving jerk) (as you may already know from past posts-hint anal woman!! or not into strap on woman) whatever

he is an asshole, and he can love his asshole all he wants, i want to be in another county away from his asshole

so do i just say nothing about the SS disability, apply for my daughter so she can get help she needs, it takes some time, so maybe i will be out of here by then, hate to uprrot her life, but she needs a mom who is not with a fucking freak

isn't life grand!


Asked by fiatpax at 11:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Level 46 (221,572 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • If you do leave, you will have to see who gets full custody. I used to work with a counselor, and in some states, if both parents have joint custody, then they both have to agree on the therapy. I am not sure how that works in instances of physical problems. I hope your DH will wake up and realize that this will not get any better on its own. Good luck no matter what happens.

    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • Only you know what your child needs. If you feel that this is the best course of action, then that is what you should do. You already know what your dd needs. Now you just have to decide to do it whether you husband is on board or not.

    Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • Yes, sweetie go for it, your child comes first.

    Answer by older at 11:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • The only thing you can do is go and look into it. I don't know if it will require his sig or not. All you can do is look into it and hope for the best.

    Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • I've never needed my husband's signature on anything. The only thing I've ever really needed anything of his for was when recerting her medicaid and I needed his paystubs.
    Can you call the SS office and ask if he needs to be there. You don't have to tell them you're doing it behind his back, just say "he needs to know if he needs to be off work and come in, or can I do it on my own?"
    Most places only require the signature of one parent, not both, but I don't know for sure about social security.
    Good luck.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • you dont need his sig. I applied for SSI for my son and didnt need my DHs sig

    Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • Are you married? I would have your doctor talk to him,, he will have to sign papers to get her help,, sorry about everything,, IDK what kind of person thinks it will go away on its own,, if he still resists you can get help without him the SS agency will direct you to the proper place,, I think it starts with a gaurdian at lightem,, someone who can tell the court what your daughter needs,, a non-judgemental 3rd party,, good luck!

    Answer by kimigogo at 11:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • You have answered your own question. Do what is best for you and your child. Go for it. Best wishes.

    Answer by elizabr at 11:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • whos daughtah is it? get the help u need for her cause you are going to be the one that takes care of your child. love an protect her always. i would give the skin off my back for my child. he will come to his sences when u are gone.

    Answer by queeny2 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

  • so social security office will not need the fathers signature?

    all her therapies and dr vivits- he has not signed a thing and never went to one

    hoping he does not need to sign any social security application either

    Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2010