has anyone ever gotten rid of that "mom apron"?

im 21 and it looks like i have tha saggy body of an old person lol no offense. it doesnt hang down alot but it sags down and its grose. i had 2 kids in 2 yrs and had to have them both by c-sections. and have been stuck with this extra fat tht hangs down and i just wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten rid of it. i gained alot of weight with my first child i weighed 130 and at time of delivery i weighed abot 200lbs. idk how much i gained with my 2nd but not that much. if anyone has any advice id appreciate it. and its not skin its fat. so i know i can get rid of it eventually but it has taken a long time and ive had almost no results. almost 2 yrs its been.

army_wife12.08

Asked by army_wife12.08 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My SIL did. She had three kids in 7 years.. and when she was down to her ideal weight, she posted a pic of herself in a bikini... no mom apron at all.
    I'm hopeful that someday I'll look like that :)

She exercises 6 days a week for at least an hour a day, and watches what she eats and I know she counted calories in the beginning, not sure if she still does though.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• At your age anything is possible and doable. Cutting carbs will make you shrink and loose inches not just fat, your skin still has the elasticity to accomplish this, exercise is a must, try walking with your kid if possible, make it a routine, spend at least an hour of continuous moving and it is better to do it at a brisk pace. You can do anything you set your mind to do specially at your age, good luck!

Answer by older at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• thank you!! i exercise about 5x a week for at least a half hour. i cant wait to look good again. my husband says i look fine and that i had 2 kids in a short amount of time so its normal but i feel like i look grose. he doesnt care but i do haha. i just want to look in the mirror and think i look good again. i try to eat healthy and i play with the kids all day long. so im hopeful that i can get back to normal soon. i just want to lose 50lbs and get rid of that mom apron cuz that is nasty. so hopefully by next summer i can be wearing a bikini too!! i know i just have to keep at it
    thank you for your help!
    army_wife12.08

Comment by army_wife12.08 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think the c-section does make it harder. Still, you are young and I do believe you can get rid of it and be happy with yourself. I lost mine after my first child was born (not a c-section), and I was 24. What worked for me was lots of exercise (mostly cardio).

I haven't done so well since the twins were born (c-section), but I was older and there were two of them. This time around it feels more impossible.  Of course, I haven't found the time to exercise as much as I did in my 20s, so I can't say I've put equal effort into restoring my figure this time around either. 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Idk how to help you, I have saggy skin on my stomach but I've worked out constantly, sometimes only a tummy tuck will fix it. You said yours is fat and not skin, but beware, when you lose the weight you might still have saggy skin. I did. :-( I'm a size 4 and still have the loose skin.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• change your diet and work towards reducing body fat.
    exercise will help too.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010