do you think this is a little rude?

a lady at work told me i need to start babysitting my nephew [she always wants my sister to go party with her] since im going to have a baby in feb. She doesnt know me AT ALL.. he said if i dont start im not going to be able to handle my baby when its born and will have no idea what to do when she is here and that ill be clueless.... isnt that something you SHOULDNT say when you DONT EVEN KNOW SOMEONE? i now have to see her everyday at work and i cant stand her shes very snotty and claims shes the best one there [at our job] but isnt saying this to me uncalled for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• haha sounds like restaurant drama to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• actually we dont work at a restaurant.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Was she just messin with you??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• no i dont think she was, ive said hi to her many times being nice you know and she completely ignores me, she has said before to my sister while i was there that she cant stand when people have kids that dont have experience with them and rags on my boyfriends job. a manager at a pizza place.. hes ben there for 4 years he ahs a good job and makes a LOT of money doing it. and i do have experience with babys and kids, nieces and nephews MANY MANY MANY worked at daycares, have done child classes in highschool when i was in hs that is lol... she just is a bitch would you not take that comment as rude?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i'd just blow her off, there are more important things to worry about. maybe she's just jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• yes what she said was not nice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• what is she the best at?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would probably throw a fit if someone said that to me. I would go nuts. I think it's horrible for someone to tell you that you won't know how to take care of your baby just because you haven't babysat someone elses kid.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Rude as well as selfish. She has her own motive. You know I never baby sat and was rarely around little kids when I had my first I did just fine. She just wants you to baby sit so she can run around with the childs mother. Once you have kids your own social life goes on hold too bad for this woman that her friend has a baby she needs to find a new party buddy.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 4:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• babyfat very well said, I couldn't have said it better myself
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2008