Would you rather be an expert in one thing or know a little about a lot of things?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in

• I'd rather know a little bit about a lot of things.. seems more logical to me. =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• if you spend all your time with one thing, you'll miss out on alot of other stuff.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Know a little about a lot of things. Just think how boring it would be to be an expert at one thing but clueless about everything else in the world. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree it would be better to know a little about a bunch of things. Kind of like a handyman, who is a jack of all trades but a master at none, or something like that. :)
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• little bit of everything.
    jodi43

Answer by jodi43 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm still learning a little about everything, and I'm not a master of anything...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• A friend jokingly calls me Cliff Claven... I know a lot about a lot of things, a very great deal about few things and a little about an astonishing array of things. I like being able to answer questions on Jeopardy.

I am not a fan of single-minded study, mostly because I find that the more I know about more things, the more intertwined things really are, and people who specialize in only one thing don't tend to see that richness.

I also know that people tend to over-weight the importance of what they find helpful (or fun) in life, and under-value what they aren't interested in. I'm not interested in one thing sufficiently to obsess about it to the point of true expertness... I'm much more of a synthecist, pulling together thoughts, ideas and information from all over the place.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm already in the "know a little about a lot of things" category, so I've made my choice. And I kick butt at trivia games!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Know a little about a lot of things.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Know a little about a lot of things.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010