If you had to choose between your kids wants how do you figure out which one should get their way?We are planning a move and one wants to stay in town and the other wants to move...both have good grades and friends, huby is joining the navy and we can go or we can stay..

RachBeck

Asked by RachBeck at 11:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• It should be the parents' choice.. You need to choose which place would be best for you & your family.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It's not up to them, that's giving them way too much control, and power..... You're the parent, assume the role..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• you are the parent do what you think is best for your family kid's will think it's right what ever you think
    loveseeyore26

Answer by loveseeyore26 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What do you want to do? IF you have a good job, and your husband is going to be all over or out to sea,,, then I would stay, maybe you should wait untll he finds out exactly where he will be,, I am curious to how old he is to be joining the navy, if you have kiddos that are old enough to voice their opinion,, isn't the cut off like 27 or something,,good luck,,BTW--if I didn't have anything to stay around for I would go,, what an adventure!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• did you mention to them that they wouldn't be seeing daddy for awhile? make sure you have explained in detail, what daddy is doing and as them if they want to go and make sure daddy stays safe. my uncle is in the airforce, first japan, then germany now back in the states, his kids went everywhere with him.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think staying would make the most scene. I mean I wouldn't relocate if I didn't have to. But I would not let the children think they had a say in it what so ever. Tell them you and your SO will make the decisions for the family, not them.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It depends on their ages, I think. It's really tough on pre teens and teens. If you decide to move make sure you investigate the town together and try to get them involved in a few things. I do agree that the parents have the final say, but be sensitive to each child's needs. Best of luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• do what is best for the family! we had to move while i was in high school i had to leave friends ive had since 1st grade! my brother didnt have a lot of friends so it didnt bother him but i was total crushed! but it was the best for the family and i got to go visit every spring break and part of Christmas break too! u can make new friends so if moving is best then thats what u should do! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It depends on how old the child is and if there is someone trustworthy that they can stay with. I can see it if the child is in their junior or senior year of high school, espeically the senior year. It would be really difficult to start over in their senior year. Any move should be a FAMILY decision. Just because they are kids doesn't mean they have no choices or opinions. The finally decision is the parents, but kids need and deserve to be heard.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Children shouldn't be in charge of making decisions like that. You are the parent, you should decide what's best for your family. That's giving them way too much control.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2010