Carpal Tunnel

soon having surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome, any sugestion, experience to tell or what Im I expected to wait from the surgery? I am diabetic and have a heart condition and need all the good vibes. Looking forward to comments and suggestions. Thanks

BoricuaMom2teen

Asked by BoricuaMom2teen at 11:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• What kind are you having? Are they going to cut down your hand length ways or under your wrist? I just had mine done about 6 weeks ago and also had a release done on the side of my wrist also. You'll want to get people to help you with showers and such after the dressing comes off .Take whatever pain medication you can tolerate, I was given Oxycondine made me sicker then a dog in heat.
    I now hear there is a surgery they can do and you're back to your old self in a just a few weeks mine is still swollen I put ice and/or heat on mine then they give you exercises for therapy.
    I wore like PJ pants not fond of them but they were easy to get on and off and if I did have to run to the store I looked stupid but at least I was dressed.
    If you want to PM me or friend invute me that would be Ok I hope things go well with you and if you have anymore questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.
    Good Luck Momma!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It is going to be lenght ways and the dr said it has to be cut from the palm to the below the wrist. The damage is also afecting my other hand. I am all day in pain. Hope this is over soon. Thanks for the recommendation of the pants. And also hope you get better we can swap ideas of how to feel better. LOL
    BoricuaMom2teen

Comment by BoricuaMom2teen (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010