Cramping week 4, day 6 of pregnancy with lower backache!

June 18 was the start date of my last period. I tested on July 16, 2010, but got a negative result. I waited a few days and retested on July 19, and got a faint positive. I made an appoinment for my first prenatal visit and it's on Aug. 25, 2010. I just knew I was pregnant because before the negative test I was having nausea spells and feeling tired and thirsty all the time. After the positive test and now I am having sinus issues, tender/itchy boobs, and nausea spells plus not really hungry at all and I usually eat, but feel too sick to eat anything. Today July 22, 2010 I have been feeling light cramping and lower backaches. I believe I will be 5 weeks July 23, 2010. Is this normal during pregnancy this early on to have light cramp feelings with backache?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I cramped up to 11 weeks. For most pregnancies, you will have some discomfort. For others like mine, it caused pain from the uterus starting to stretch. It is normal
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, I cramped bad with all my pregnancies, even the healthy ones. Believe it or not I was told to sit on the toilet and it really helped. You can also take a warm (not hot) bath or try tylenol
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think so
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Its totally normal. Pop some tylenol and use a warm compress; just NO ibuprofen. Concern should be when you're spotting, and even then if its light and brownish in color, most docs will want you to wait. I know how nerve-wracking something like cramps can be, but they're really not anything to worry about :)
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That is completely normal to feel back pains and cramping along your abdomen. Your body is beginning to make room for your baby on board.. so you are going to feel some pains. Take some tylenol and try a lukewarm bath. Just relax. You are fine.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh yeah!!!

I cramped really bad.... My dr said that as long as I wasn't spotting that I was fine. So I dealt with the cramping, which is just your uterus making room for your new little bean.

My back aches were aweful too..... I would mainly get them when I was on my feet for longer than 15 minutes.

It will get better, the cramping will go away and you'll start to feel kicks and the backaches will ease up a little......

Completely normal momma, hang in there! (And congrats!)
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010