FORT CAMPBELL

We are moving there in a few months! What are the best places to live (off post) Do you like the base? What is there to do around? THANKS

SaraNRiley

Asked by SaraNRiley at 12:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I grew up in the neighborhood behind Grandpa's (a hardware store). I don't know if it has a specific name for that area, but it was a decent, family friendly neighborhood. Older houses there of course and lots of trees so it stays pretty shady.

I'm not much help though, because it's been 10 years since I lived there and there is so much I've forgotten. So just consider this a bump. :)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i am currently stationed at fort campbell, fell free to message me.
    i have lived both on post and off post. there are pros and cons to both. however i love the convience of living on post.but the tile floors really bug me. i live in a 3 bedroom right now. the wait list varies depending on how many bedroms you need. now that everyone deployed tho (including DH) the wait list is shorter. when you get here you can go up to the houseing office and there there is a part of the office that specifically helps you find a place off post. jsut dont go to belew rentals. they will rip you off and there apartments suck. as for what is there to do around here, ummm idk i dont much leave my house or off post unless its to go to the mall or target ive got 3 kids now and im all alone so yeah. : )
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• A whole bunch of our friends just got stationed there. My hubby is flying a chinook there for a couple days next week....too bad I couldn't answer your question now as to his opinion of it!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Now Ft. Campbell borders two states. My best friend lives on the TN side of the Ft. Clarksville is a really nice town. It's a quiet town, in the country.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2010