How often do you have to go to the grocery store?

I find myself going at least once or twice a week during the summer. I'm not sure how to go less and keep things like bread and fruit from going bad!

Jessica39

Asked by Jessica39 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Shopping

• once a week on Satudays

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• 2-3 times a week!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 12:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i go like friggin every other day!! its so annoying. but i eat lots of fresh fruit and meats and things that go bad, and my son drinks milk like its water so i always need to go there. i should just get a job there im there so much.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We go every Tuesday. :-) And sometimes to get more fruit once or twice between. The apples and oranges stay good for a while, but the bananas go bad and the strawberries don't even survive a single sitting with my daughter!
    We get a lot of bread, but put all but one in the freezer and pull some out as the other gets close to being empty. It stays fresher longer and doesn't get moldy and still tastes the same. It'll keep for a long time in the freezer.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I do my main grocery shopping 2x/month when I get paid and then I will go maybe once a week to pick up any forgotten items, or things we run out of like milk or to get fresh produce. Sometimes I will skip the store and call hubs and have him pick up what I need (like milk) on his way home from work.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I go to the grocery store once a week. I may have to go every once in a while if I've forgotten something, but overall, I go once a week.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Every 2 weeks. I have a basement where I keep my fruit cool and in the dark and I freeze my bread and milk so I don't have to go so often.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• weekly i do however stop in again if i need something for a others if i do not have it when i host dinners or my girls have there meeting of there book club over.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I go once a week... sometimes have to stop again to pick up something I forgot though..
    reneelfrey

Answer by reneelfrey at 12:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• once a week when hubby is home and then twice a month when he's gone
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010