Conceiving after IUD?

how long did it take you to get pregnant after you got your IUD taken out? I'm getting mine taken out next Friday and we want to be pregnant by the beginning of next year.

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mine in for a year and a half. I had it taken out July of 2009 and we just got pregnant in March. So it took us about 9 months. But like someone else said it can happen right after you get it out I've heard a lot of women say that. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'll bet you can do it!!! Good luck!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm sure you can, but everyone is different of course. My cousin had hers taken out and withthin a month she was pregnant lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It took us 8 months to get pregnant after IUD removal -- I had the Mirena. It seemed like it took my body forever to go back to normal. GL!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yeah I have the Mirena as well. Since I've been on it (for over a year now) I've only had a handful of periods and I wouldn't even really consider them "periods" more like extermely light spotting that lasts a couple days. That's why wanted to make sure to get it taken out before we actually want to start trying. That way it gives me body time to get back into "normal mode" lol
    NatesMommy118

Comment by NatesMommy118 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had my IUD for almost the full 5 years its been 3 months now and weve been pregnant twice we misscaried both because of not waiting the 3 months she told us to wait..Then I found out that I have a blood clotting decease and that was the reason we misscaried because the blood was clotting in the plazenta and the babys died.Weve given up trying for now hes getting deployed in Dec/Jan and itll give my body time to get back in controll of it self.
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm really sorry to hear that. We miscarried our first child (waaay before I got the IUD) so I know exactly how that feels..it's the worst feeling in the world. =( I hope that doesn't happen again. I don't think I could go through it again.
    NatesMommy118

Comment by NatesMommy118 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010