do you feel like you work just as hard as hubby for sahm's

dose your hubby ever think that his work is harder then yours i have a 6 year old and 3 month old twins i do the cleaning cooking and what not since i am not working if i tell him that i need alittle help since i am tired he will say he works harder then me and alot of people do it and just suck up being tired and dont complane about being tired i have only asked for help so i can sleep 3 times since they have been born . So what do you think do you work just as hard

devinalexis

Asked by devinalexis at 12:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Obviously you work hard, your hands are full. Any stay at home Mom works hard, there's no question there. Between cleaning, feeding, changing diapers, more feeding, shopping, etc., the list is endless on what we do. I think all of us Moms work hard, but then again, so do our Husbands. I try not to ask my Husband for anything, because he does go to work, and works hard, so that I can stay home and take care of the kids and the house. I just look at it as my job, and it's my responsibility to take care of it. I don't know that it really matters who works harder, it's just a matter of being able to get help when it's needed. Hope things work out for you and that your Hubby will help. Maybe if you explain to him how tired you are, he'll understand. Hang in there.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm a stay-at-home mom, and luckily, my husband never compares what I do to what he does. I am very greatful to be able to have the opportunity to stay home with my son, and hopefully when this baby is born in October, I can still stay home. My husband works very hard at his job. He goes in at 4am, and doesn't get off until 4:30-5pm. It's hard for me to say that I work just as hard as him, or that he works harder or anything. We both do completely different things. He works all day, and I am home all day. I take care of our son, clean the house, and cook the meals. We both work hard.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It's a hard question. I think my husband job is more physically demanding but mine I work longer hours and it emotional and mentally more demanding.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think in a way ours are equal. He is in the military and he literally stands around ALL day. Yes it is in the heat, but I clean house, cook 3 meals a day, do school work and take care of my 3 year old and our "sickly" 3 month old.( was born 6 lbs 12 ounces and just now getting to 9 and half pounds) He has to have a 4 oz bottle every 3 hours. And then he comes home and makes a mess and I get up set and he says that he will help but never does.
    shis_mama

Answer by shis_mama at 12:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well I know the Bible states that a woman is capable of more that a man, but why do they whine so much....macho man my butt! LOL In all history we can see how women are so important for the men and how we let them take all the credit.
    BoricuaMom2teen

Answer by BoricuaMom2teen at 12:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think most sahm work harder. When you are in the work force if you are not a single parent you get days off and you don't work all day. Being a sahm you are always "working"
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you are doing the SAHM thing the RIGHT way, then I would say that it is equally as hard as working outside the home (depending on the job of course). But one of the things about being a SAHM, is that you never get a break really. You are always "on duty" so to speak.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• mommy of2 mine is in the army and dose the same thing he gose to work and gets to yell all day i guess it just would be nice to have just alittle time to sleep one of our boys is sick so he is up all the time crying and just dose not want to sleep
    devinalexis

Comment by devinalexis (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010