Fight

I got into a horrible fight with my mom because she rarely comes over to see her grandson and she never gives me any advice when he is fussy or for his fit throwing. I got mad at her the other day because he was playing with scissors right in front of her (he's not even 2) and she wasn't paying attention to him and i grabbed them away before he could get hurt. She says I never trust her with him but that is because she doesn't act like she wants anything to do with him. I live a 2 minute walk from her house and I will not see her for 2 weeks at a time with me asking her to come over. She is always too busy and if she comes over and he is throwing a fit she will immediately leave. I moved closer to her at her request and i am making less money in this city than my other and it really upsets me since money is so tight! So after our fight she stormed out and sent me a text saying she doesnt want to be in my life anymore??? WTF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• dramatic much? wow.
    sorry that she asked you to move closer and yet doesn't come around. I have to admit that I wouldn't wanna be around during fits either though...
    maybe she will snap out of it?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• *I meant her being dramatic not you
    charlotsomtimes

• So she asked you to move closer to her to be more a part of the babies life?? I don't know, I am very lucky my mom is such a huge part of my life and my son's life, however, her mother, my grandma was rarely in my life, she already raised her kids and very much was done with the fits and crying and just didn't want to be around it.. I can't say I blame her - they aren't "fun" some parents and grandparents are more attached and good with certain times/ phases and ages.. it doesn't make that any easier for you, but that is why you do things for YOU and not for anyone else.. good luck - I hope it gets better.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010