How to teach a kitten that she can't lay on the 6 month olds face?

Our kitten is about 3 months old and our son is almost 7 months old. I have been frustrated with the kitty because she constantly claws the baby, but I know that it is just a playful manner and she just doesn't understand. Well today bubby and are were both not feeling good so we just laid down in bed and napped. When I woke up the kitty was laying on his face! An obvious choice is to find the kitten a new home.. but is that really all I can do?

vampiremommy1

Asked by vampiremommy1 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pets

• just continue to take the or even squirt it with water every time she does it. The water usually works.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You can shut the kitty out of the room where you and the baby are sleeping. We had the same problem for a little bit. (Only she never laid on dd's face.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Our cat loved to lay on my ds when he was a baby. So, I would always have to close the bedroom door when ds was napping, and turn on the baby monitor.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 12:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would get rid of the Cat.. I am not a cat person.. and if a cat was laying on my babys face or scratching at my baby I would dismiss of the cat, either get another or wait till the child gets old to have them pick one out.. Cats are a Dime a dozen
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You can put kitty in a crate or carrier when you're not able to watch. You can put your baby in a room with the door shut and let kitty have the rest of the house. You can put ten pennies in a soda can and any time kitty is sitting on baby or touching baby in a way you don't like, shake the can. You can use a spray bottle (but never in kitty's face). You can make kitty stay on the floor...no counters, couches, or beds. You can buy a cat bed so kitty can be warm without lying on your baby's face.
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 12:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'd teach her by putting her the heck outside!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• water bottle works
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010