Do you get your SO birthday gifts?

and how much do you typically spend? Growing up, my parents stopped giving gifts for their birthdays once they were married, so I was curious how many people do it every year.

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh sure! I even send a thank you card to his parents saying thank you for raising such an amazing son. My SO's bday was in March, I spent about $150 between dinner & gifts.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We get something for each other every year. :-) The amount we spend really just depends on the finances for that time. Last year, I got him two Metallica concert tickets for his birthday, which cost nearly $200. This year, I was only able to spend about $20 or so. But, we do something even if it's just something small.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yes I have always got him something for his birthday. But now that I am a stay at home mom and I don't drive I normally just tell him to go get something he wants for his birthday from me lol. Although this year I am getting him something for 400.00 and I wont tell him what it is so I told him I need the money for it lol. lus he will be 30 (in November) so I need money to cause I am throwing him a surise birthday party cause he will be 30.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Of course I do! I am a HUGE gift giver for any Holiday or occation.. lol.. Its in my nature.. MY ex huband still gets a birthday gift from me and the kids .. lol.. But I spend about $60 or so including dinner and a present..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It depends on what he wants. Sometimes he just wants a date without the kids. Other times, he wants a family camping trip. I consider time together to be just as good as any monetary gift I could give him because it shows him how much I love him.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes. It depends on what money is like. My husband is really hard to shop for. This year I got him a CD and a massage gift card.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I sure do. Nothing big though. We used to spend all kinds of money in the beginning of our relationship. But, we just try to get a nice small gift these days. He collects owl everything, so i usually get him some kind of cool owl for his birthday. Last year it was a carved out owl gourd that you could open like a box, it was very neet.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Traditionally I always loved getting my ex and current boyfriends presents. However, my ex never got me anything, so I stopped buying him presents too since I figured it wasn't fair. This year for my birthday my boyfriend took me to dinner but didn't get me anything, so I'll probably just take him to dinner for his too. My finances are tight, but I still would have gotten him a present...but I'll feel like an idiot if I spend more on him. Last Christmas I bought him a pair of $100 gaming headphones for his xbox and wrote him a sweet card, and he only handed me a $25 gift card. I felt pretty dumb so I figured I'll just base what I get him off how he spends.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes I do. I usually ask him what he want and get it for him. For his birthday this year I got him a $100 gift card to Sears.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i never know what kind of gifts to get my dh..he always wants things that i would never remember..like some kind of power tool or wrench. I'm sure i would get the wrong thing. I guess i could get a gift card but really i feel like why bother. We usually just go out for a nice dinner. He would rather me just give him all my money anyways.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010