Graduate School

Hey ladies...i graduated college and I don't have the best GPA but obviously I have a high enough GPA to graduate with 2 BS degrees. I have not been able to find a job and I am thinking about Graduate School....if I get a high enough score on the GRE and have reccomendations from prof's what are the odds I can get in? Has anyone been through this?

shortleo

Asked by shortleo at 12:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in

• Odds are good. It's not like undergrad.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well...if you're thinking about Harvard it might be a different sotry but for most "regualr" schools, you'll probably be okay.

Find a program that you like fist though, you may not have to take the GRE.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I took several classes that had grad students in them because the upper level ones overlapped and I did well in those...
    shortleo

Comment by shortleo (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Different schools and even programs within those schools have different requirements for test scores, recommendations, and undergraduate GPAs. I got my masters degree in a cohort program that was brand new for my school. They had not had an information systems cohort before, and they were having trouble filling the spots, so they waived the GMAT requirement for us. Also, the program and school you choose may dictate which test is required. A lot of business schools want GMAT scores, but some will accept GRE scores.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Can you take graduate classes from where you got your undergrad degrees? Chances are you'll get accepted right away.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Depending on your program you might not need the GRE...I know I didn't need it for umm 3 schools I looked at...I want to say Lehigh was one...only some programs required them.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Look into Liberty University. They only require a 2.0 GPA and do NOT require the GRE. And even if you don't have the 2.0 GPA you can still probably be accepted on certain conditions. I am going to Liberty for my graduate degree and I know a few moms on here that have chosen it because of how easy it is to get in even though it is one of the best schools in the country.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• not sure, but here's a bump...

i would say to make sure that getting another degree will actually HELP you in the end. for example, in this area, teachers make no more money, or have no higher chances of getting a job with a masters than those that do not have one. most that have done a masters program complain that it was wasted time and money because they are paid and hired as if they do not have one.

not to make it seem useless, but i know around here at least, in some fields its NOT helpful to get you into the job...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010